Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #91
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
With Best Buy offering a $75 trade in on old Kindle Fires, I'm considering it.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #92
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I ordered the Kindle Fire HD 7 32 Gb model. Unfortunately, it ships 30 days AFTER the 16 Gb model. Memory can't be added later so bigger is better.

I went with 7" over the 8.9" since I must fit it in my wife's purse.
I like the 7" size also, since I have an iPad too.
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #93
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
With Best Buy offering a $75 trade in on old Kindle Fires, I'm considering it.
Don't know if I'll be getting one (course I said I wasn't gonna get an original Fire either ), but if I did I'd probably just give my current one to a family member.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #94
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
So what SIZE is everyone ordering

Carol
I am sticking with the 7" and 16gb. My original Fire (8 gb) has never filled up. The main reason I ended up switching from a iOS and ePub walled garden to an Amazon walled garden was when I discovered how easy, convenient and cheap the Amazon cloud was. And since I have a MiFi portable router, I am never without wifi access.

The only thing I store on the Fire is apps, and when I am bored with one, I remove it (but it stays in the cloud). Having 16 gb will seem like overkill.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:13 PM   #95
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Oh no, 16GB is just right! Because its HD, apps use more space.
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:15 AM   #96
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
I ordered the Kindle Fire HD 7 32 Gb model. Unfortunately, it ships 30 days AFTER the 16 Gb model. Memory can't be added later so bigger is better.

I went with 7" over the 8.9" since I must fit it in my wife's purse.

I ordered a 32 GB model as well (not for me, for my son. Yea! Now I inherit the original Fire. I'm hoping Amazon will continue to support the original Fire with continued updates). I was surprised to learn the 32GB model ships almost 6 weeks after the 16 GB model. While we may have to wait a little longer to get it, hopefully most of the bugs and kinks will be fixed through updates by the time it does arrive.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #97
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
I'm hoping Amazon will continue to support the original Fire with continued updates
Me too. I appreciate that the processor in the original Fire is slower and MAY not be able to do some stuff the new ones can do, and that Amazon would be happy if folks upgrade, but certainly, if the KK is still being updated, our original Fires will continue to get some love, yes?

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #98
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
After reading the reviews last night, I am very interested in the 7" HD Fire 16gb. It seems like it's a LOT better than my Fire. However, I can't afford a $199 gadget at this time, not when we could really use another good desktop in the house. Maybe if Walmart does one of those $50 gift card with purchase, like they did with the original Fire, I'll buy one. Or wait for a good deal on a refurb.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #99
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Is it me? Or does it resemble Blackberry's Playbook??
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #100
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
After reading the reviews last night, I am very interested in the 7" HD Fire 16gb. It seems like it's a LOT better than my Fire. However, I can't afford a $199 gadget at this time, not when we could really use another good desktop in the house. Maybe if Walmart does one of those $50 gift card with purchase, like they did with the original Fire, I'll buy one. Or wait for a good deal on a refurb.
Trade in the your old KF to Best Buy for $75? Isn't that an option for you?
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #101
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
I am sticking with the 7" and 16gb. My original Fire (8 gb) has never filled up. The main reason I ended up switching from a iOS and ePub walled garden to an Amazon walled garden was when I discovered how easy, convenient and cheap the Amazon cloud was. And since I have a MiFi portable router, I am never without wifi access.

The only thing I store on the Fire is apps, and when I am bored with one, I remove it (but it stays in the cloud). Having 16 gb will seem like overkill.
Which MiFi do you have?
Old 10-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #102
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Frankly, if you only use the Kindle to read books, the Paperwhite is more than enough. It has the same clarity as the Fire screen both in dark rooms and light rooms without any glare.

However, if you are going to use music and videos, then the Kindle Fire HD 7" is required. I'm waiting for the 32 Gb model since I think we soon will be able to download our videos from Netflix and Amazon for offline viewing. Each video will probably take up 8 to 10 Gb. The 16 Gb model may not be enough for that purpose.

Plus, many eBooks can now be purchased with an associated dramatized voice file. The Paperwhite has no sound.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #103
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:

Plus, many eBooks can now be purchased with an associated dramatized voice file. The Paperwhite has no sound.
The immersion reading feature tempts me! I already do this with my K4B and Sansa Clip Zip. I love reading along to audio books.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #104
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The immersion reading feature tempts me! I already do this with my K4B and Sansa Clip Zip. I love reading along to audio books.
Blossom,

I just started using the immersion feature and really enjoying it!!

zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #105
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebradude View Post
Blossom,

I just started using the immersion feature and really enjoying it!!

No one might have figured this out but if you someone Lends you a book through Kindle Lending or You check out a book from your Library in Kindle format you can get the companion audio book at a special price if it's Whispersync for Voice ready. You don't have to actually own the book. I admit I checked out a book just so I could get the audio book for $5. I am sure Amazon will eventually fix this but for now It works.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote