Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 07:44 AM   #1
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Firmware Upgrade Failed!

That's the message I got when I tried to follow closely to steps described on jetbook site. My SD card is a 2GB sandisk card and the content is just folders extracted form the upgrade file.

I'm trying to upgrade from v0.33g (the previous official firmware), and I got this firmware failure message when I press and hold On+Right arrow key.

Any ideas why I couldn't upgrade?

This is depressing... after waiting for almost a year.

Last edited by greenapple; 07-01-2010 at 07:54 AM.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:22 AM   #2
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
No clue at this point, maybe one of the guru's has an idea. Sorry
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #3
mipsmonsta
mipsmonsta began at the beginning.

Device: JetBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenapple View Post
That's the message I got when I tried to follow closely to steps described on jetbook site. My SD card is a 2GB sandisk card and the content is just folders extracted form the upgrade file.

I'm trying to upgrade from v0.33g (the previous official firmware), and I got this firmware failure message when I press and hold On+Right arrow key.

Any ideas why I couldn't upgrade?

This is depressing... after waiting for almost a year.
Add me to the list, am on the beta firmware of 0.35a. Desperately looking forward to the flashing to the new firmware 0.35d since my Jetbook does not have "quick on" function of 0.33g after the upgrade. Anyone has that experience on 0.35a? Hate to to wait for the cold boot process, which takes minute everytime I power on.

Btw tried flashing back to 0.33g and it too didn't work
mipsmonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:54 AM   #4
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
mipsmonsta, I'm not sure about the lack of quick on... I certainly have it.
greenapple, if you want new features, you could always try 0.35a, which works and adds PDF reflow and ePUB TOC.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:56 PM   #5
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Has anyone upgraded from .33g to .35d with success? I've tried it several times now, all ended in failure.

Weird. Did those guys at ectaco actually tried this thing out before releasing it?

Fortunately, it didn't kill the jB entirely. The old firmware is still working, so I'm still able to read.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #6
gmb2010
gmb2010 began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre
I've just had the same problem. My Libre Pro was flashed with 33g and would give me a failed upgrade message every time I attempted it. After some reading here I discovered that the firmware looks for a file with ebook in the name. After renaming the firmware to ebook-v0.35d.bin it would show me the option to flash. I didn't proceed but instead went back to the Aluratek firmware. When I renamed AluratekBook part it complained about needing revision 0.31 (I think) or newer. So, I just rename the Libre firmware to ebook-v0.35d.bin and it flashed fine. Looks like it gets version info from the filename. Only issue was on first boot I saw nothing. I reset it and now things work fine.

Hope I got the names correct as I did this yesterday and didn't write anything down.

gmb

Last edited by gmb2010; 07-02-2010 at 04:19 PM.
gmb2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:30 AM   #7
wyrm
wyrm began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
I think this will sove your problem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_6 View Post
wyrm is offline   Reply With Quote