Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-09-2009, 06:10 AM   #151
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
NOOSA HEADS!

What? I'm not helping? Well, I never made any promises...

Cheers,
Marc
Isn't Noosa Heads in that country with a huge amount of poisenous critters? And huge spiders?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:29 AM   #152
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Isn't Noosa Heads in that country with a huge amount of poisenous critters? And huge spiders?
And crocs eating dogs with baited breath. Don't forget those!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2009, 07:07 AM   #153
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
and vegetarian kangeroos that kick butt ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:21 AM   #154
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
No...no...I don't think so. Everything's nice here We've just got cuddly-wuddly widdle koala bears and cutesy-wutesy sugargliders and pretty-coloured parrots and birds that laugh with joy. I don't know of any such poisonous or aggravated animals and spiders...[casually reaches down to sweep funnelweb off leg and under the lounge...]

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:21 PM   #155
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Noosa Heads DOES have this, too:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	noosa heads_beach.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	35676  
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2009, 06:18 PM   #156
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Oooo! Sign me up for Noosa Heads! If I stay on the beach, at least I can see any nasty critters that are coming toward me. Then I'll run.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:27 PM   #157
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
Noosa Heads DOES have this, too:
Exactly. How many angry invisible gibbons can you see in that pic?
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:55 PM   #158
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
they've graduated from advanced cammo classes
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:51 PM   #159
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Question What will we DO for three days?

In addition to deciding where we are going to meet - Europe? Australia? Iceland! - it wouldn't hurt to figure out what kind of stuff we'll do. What kind of workshops, lectures, parties? The first -and only, so far - scifi convention I went to had a scotch tasting and sing-along, in addition to the usual readings by authors. We would have authors, wouldn't we? How could we not?

Could we get ahi to teach us about the fine points of typography? I'm not sure I know very much about the blunt points yet... can't improve if I don't know what to aim at.

Just a thought.... and an excuse for bumping the thread

Phil
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:27 AM   #160
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
that's easy, sit around in a circle and make quick typing motions at each other, then scramble for the appropriate emoticon when we think our meaning is vague or taken wrong
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:36 AM   #161
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
that's easy, sit around in a circle and make quick typing motions at each other, then scramble for the appropriate emoticon when we think our meaning is vague or taken wrong

... exactly! Plus showing up in a new dress and with a new haircut whenever we fell that it might be time for a new avatar.
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #162
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
In addition to deciding where we are going to meet - Europe? Australia? Iceland! - it wouldn't hurt to figure out what kind of stuff we'll do. What kind of workshops, lectures, parties? The first -and only, so far - scifi convention I went to had a scotch tasting and sing-along, in addition to the usual readings by authors. We would have authors, wouldn't we? How could we not?

Could we get ahi to teach us about the fine points of typography? I'm not sure I know very much about the blunt points yet... can't improve if I don't know what to aim at.

Just a thought.... and an excuse for bumping the thread

Phil
How about a few self-help type talks from members here:

Montsnmags: How to Maintain your Sanity
Zelda_Pinwheel: How to Avoid Spending all your time on Internet Forums
Pilotbob: PDF's on e-readers - why they are the best solution
JSWolf: Subtlety, a users guide

I'm sure there are others! I may do one myself on avoiding sarcasm as the lowest form of wit.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:19 PM   #163
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
How about a few self-help type talks from members here:

Montsnmags: How to Maintain your Sanity
Zelda_Pinwheel: How to Avoid Spending all your time on Internet Forums
Pilotbob: PDF's on e-readers - why they are the best solution
JSWolf: Subtlety, a users guide

You missed one:
Nate the great: Knowing when to give up
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #164
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Or pshrynk: How to overcharge and live comfortably. $300, please, you can pay the laddy at the door.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #165
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Or GraceKrispy: Psockmaking 101
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote