Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-19-2015, 03:55 PM   #1
rezza
rezza began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo n647b
Bricked Kobo n647b help please - image required.

Hi guys,

I hope this is in the right section!

Ive had a kobo wifi for a while now (n647b). It has managed to brick itself last night. Think it may have been low on battery so that could be the issue.

I fully charged it but all it does is get to the read on screen and loop with the square loading boxes. I have tried everything, trying to reset, factory reset...nothing works.

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with the correct image for flashing this? I have opened it up and pulled the SD card. I believe I am proficient enough to flash an original image onto the card.... the only issue I have at the moment is that my card reader is in the UK (we just moved), so the next best thing ive managed to do is use my phone as a card reader...

So if it is possible could someone please provide me with the original image? and then ill hopefully be able to flush it onto the sd card within my phone - could someone point me in the right direction to do this?

Im used to technical things and flashing and updating numerous android devices.

Any help would be massively appreciated as I think this is fixable, plus in my current situation I cannot afford a new Ereader.

Thank you

Last edited by rezza; 05-19-2015 at 04:04 PM.
rezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:26 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
rezza: PM sent with the link to the image. I don't know if you will be able to use the phone as the card reader. I suppose it depends on the phone and how it connects to the PC. But, I wouldn't expect it to work. A micro SD card USB reader would be a better bet. They are cheap.

To the wandering mod: Can this be merged with https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=231935.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert