Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-09-2015, 12:48 PM   #1
Paulie_D
Connoisseur
Paulie_D began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Tab 4
Adding Books - Filename Regex Management

I've been experimenting with the Regex to parse book details from filenames under the "Preferences/Adding Books" and have had some success.

However, some of my poorer attempts at Regular Expressions are something I would like to get rid of but Calibre seems to remember them all and there doesn't seem to be any mechanism to remove the ones I no longer need or want.

Are these 'manual' ones stored somewhere I can delete them?

I know that some expressions are 'built in' to Calibre and obviously I'd like to keep those.

Finally, a suggestion if I may for the benefit of the less technical of us...could we have a Expression Name Field so we can name the expressions ourselves as some of them are somewhat hard to parse at a glance for us non-experts at regex.

Eg.

Code:
(?P<series>[^_0-9]*)(?P<series_index>[0-9]*)\s*-(?P<author>[^_-]+) -?\s*\s*(?P<title>[^_].+) ?
Now I can figure out what this means eventually but a simple name or example would be much easier to read.
Paulie_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:50 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Check the configuration directory, in gui.json
You will need to manually edit it, as you noticed calibre doesn't include any GUI-based way to remove old autocomplete data.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2015, 03:59 AM   #3
Paulie_D
Connoisseur
Paulie_D began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Tab 4
Thanks...managed to do what I wanted.

A GUI way to do that would be nice though.
Paulie_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:34 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Like many user entered (pattern) things in Calibre, it would be nice to have a (balloon help) Notes field to explain/show sample of the arcane

In this case, There is a 'test' line to auto use as a sample of the Gozina it is looking for

Note: Saved the searches balloon shows the actual search term if you hover over the name in the Tag Browser
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 01:03 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I believe Kovid has been requested in the past for a way to delete the history in this and other boxes, e.g. Searchbar, S&R, etc.
But it is a low-priority thing, since most people don't care, the ones who do are usually comfortable editing the config data manually, and apparently implementing a delete feature is non-trivial (as in, he can't just change a setting, it would have to actually *be implemented*).

I'm sure if it were a more common need, it would be added.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert