Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
Question K1 with lines on screen, wasn't dropped

The other day I went to pick up my Kindle 1st Generation to read, when I noticed that half the screensaver was obscured with several horizontal lines. At first I though the screen might have broken internally, but I've noticed that when I try to reset the device or turn it on, that the lines move up and down the screen. I've tried restarting the device, and turning it off and on, but the best I've managed is to make half of the screen go blank, while the rest is still black. I'm just about ready to give up on it, but I thought I'd try here just in case someone has any ideas that I haven't tried yet.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Can you post a photograph showing the screen? This really is the case of the proverbial picture being worth a thousand words.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
Like I said, the lines change, but this is how it looks at the moment.

EDIT: I've sold the defective Kindle 1 and bought a replacement, however if anyone has any possible solutions, please feel free to post them in case anyone else might be having the same issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	108100  

Last edited by sneakyspider; 07-14-2013 at 06:52 PM.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote