Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Sigil 0.7.0 Released

Please see the my blog for the full release announcement.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
The Sigil User Guide has also been updated for 0.7.0, including all the tutorials and is available from the Sigil download page.

Last edited by meme; 02-18-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Advert
Old 02-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
bladex01
bladex01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle4 Touch
The program won't start on Windows 7 x64. No messages, no errors... nothing.

Edit: I installed 0.7 separately with 0.6.2 and she started. Then I removed 0.6.2 and 0.7 still started. Thanks for development this excellent epub creator-editor.

Edit 1: I found a bug, why 0.7 don't start. If "C:\Documents and Settings\USER\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil" not exist with config fails , Sigil 0.7 won't start. When I deleted Dir Sigil don't created default settings again like Sigil 0.6.2.

Last edited by bladex01; 02-17-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
Many thanks, user_none and meme!

It works well on my Win 7 64 b and the user guide is a very nice update too.

Cheers!
Old 02-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Just an observation from a non-techy writer. I think it's so amazing what you guys are doing with Sigil. It's such an incredible program. Wow. Thank you.
Advert
Old 02-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #6
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
download links please - 32 & 64 bit
Old 02-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #7
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
download links please - 32 & 64 bit
Link to downloads is in the first sentence of the release announcement. The location hasn't changed.. There no Windows 64 bit package as explained in the release announcement.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #8
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
ok thanks
took me a while to spot this so reproducing here

"As such this release does not have a 64 bit Windows build. This shouldn’t be an issue because even 64 bit Windows can run 32 bit Windows applications. Also, (as far as my testing has shown) there is no decernable performance difference between running a 32 bit vs a 64 bit build of Sigil. Sigil doesn’t do anything that would really take advantage of being a 64 bit application."
Old 02-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #9
yekim54
What the Dog Saw
yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yekim54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Surface3
I installed Sigil 0.7.0 on my Windows 7 Home computer and it works great. However, I'm getting the following error when running it on my Windows XP SP3 system. I tried several things including re-downloading the installer and re-installing 0.7.0 after uninstalling 0.6.2, but no joy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sigil-0.7.0-error.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	101450  
Old 02-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #10
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks to 0.7 Beta
Validate with W3C: No Launch of Browser; No passing of anything to Browser
Quote:
Posted by jbacelar
Me too.
XP-SP3 and Firefox
Exactly the same.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #11
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Build 0.7.0 installs on my Windows XP computer, opens an html file, permits changes to be made, and saves as an epub. This is the first time since you left 0.5.3 behind that I have been able to use the new stuff. Thank you!

(I have been able to use 0.6.x on a Windows 7 computer nearby, though it's not my standby.)
Old 02-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #12
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Looks good so far

Everything seems to be working fine on win7pro 64bit.

FYI, the file name still has to be manually inserted on initial save.

Nice to have:

When problems appear with semantics, it would be nice to have some indication in the Book Browser of where and what has been marked w/ semantics. e.g.:

Code:
Wolf Breed.html (cover)
Wolf Breed_0001.html (tp)
Wolf Breed_0002.html (toc)
Wolf Breed_0003.html (loi)
Just an idea.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #13
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by yekim54
I'm getting the following error when running it on my Windows XP SP3 system. I tried several things including re-downloading the installer and re-installing 0.7.0 after uninstalling 0.6.2, but no joy.
Uninstall, ensure you don't have a Sigil folder in Program Files. If you do delete it. Then install 0.7.0. It could be a conflict due to some Qt files being left over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacelar
Validate with W3C: No Launch of Browser; No passing of anything to Browser
I think this might be a Qt regression on Windows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
FYI, the file name still has to be manually inserted on initial save.
This is an issue with Qt. It work on Linux but not on OS X or Windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
When problems appear with semantics, it would be nice to have some indication in the Book Browser of where and what has been marked w/ semantics. e.g.:

Code:
Wolf Breed.html (cover)
Wolf Breed_0001.html (tp)
Wolf Breed_0002.html (toc)
Wolf Breed_0003.html (loi)
Just an idea.
Interesting. I can see that being useful.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacelar View Post
Exactly the same.
Works perfectly well here on Win 7 & Firefox.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #15
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
7.0 on XP
Check with W3C still broken
Closed Thread