Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #1
F Dase
F Dase began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Reloading Saved to Disk Files

After adding all my books to the library I had to manually add most of the series names and book numbers. I also replaced some of the book cover images.

I have save covers separately and save metadata in OPF file unchecked
When saving to disk I'm using this template:
{author_sort}/{author_sort} - {series} {series_index:0>2s} - {title}
The saved to disk file names are exactly as they should be.

My problem is that when I add those files to the Calibre library on my laptop there are no series names in that column.
I tried a mobi to mobi conversion and then saved to disk but had the same empty Series column.

I'm probably missing something basic but I can't figure out what.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
F Dase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The MOBI format has no support for series metadata.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2013, 12:18 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Because of what Kovid said, you need to parse the file names to get the metadata you want. Have a look at the "Adding books" page in the preferences. You need to uncheck the "Read metadata from file contents" option at the top and then set the regular expression further down. Mine preferences has an example that looks to do what you want.

But, I think there is a better way to do this. Firstly, I think the OPF file will be read if it exists with the book. But if the purpose of this is to copy your library from one machine to another, there is a lot of discussion on how to do this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #4
F Dase
F Dase began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks a lot for the info and quick replys
F Dase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:14 PM   #5
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
If you are exporting from one calibre library select the option of exporting metadata opf file when saving books to disk then when you import calibre will get the metadata from the metadata.opf file instead of the mobi file
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert