Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-25-2016, 12:04 AM   #16
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmholt View Post
Nope, they're both MTP and I think that's the issue. MTP has always been flaky with Linux Mint, now it's just flakier with Marshmallow. I think I'm getting it sorted out, though. Thank you for the suggestion.

Thanks. I've always had USB debugging on and the USB function is on file transfers. No other app has any trouble accessing either of these marshmallow devices. When I plug in the USB cable (and I've tried multiple cables), I get the "Allow access to device data" prompt on the device. When I select Allow, the file manager in Linux (caja) automatically opened when the device mounts. It has always done this. Based on what I'm reading in the responses, that sounded like the problem so I've turned that off, but it wasn't a problem before, and it doesn't seem to entirely solve the problem.

I've finally got it partially working, but I'm not sure how. I'm unmounting the device after connecting it, and then sometimes calibre sees it, sometimes not. I tried turning off automount, and then calibre never even detects the device. I have to let the device automount, unmount it, start calibre with my fingers crossed and sometimes it works. With a Lollipop device, I can leave it mounted and Calibre works just fine. I can open the device in the file manager and make changes there while calibre is running, no issues. Only with Marshmallow devices on Linux do I see problems, and only recently. With a Calibre update nearly every time I run it, Linux Mint updates almost daily, and the occasional Android update, I'm guessing I'll never really figure it out completely. Saving to disk works fine, so I can always use that to transfer to my devices if all else fails.

Many thanks to all who replied
Go back a few versions and find the version that works. If you can find such a version then you can tell here so Kovid or other developers can compare. Till then you are out of luck and have to use it like this.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote