Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 06:53 PM   #46
Richard Herley
Author
Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Is this free? I thought you had to pay for his books if you liked them?

BOb
=X= has kindly contacted me to tell me about this thread -- sorry I have been neglecting MR of late, but I have been overwhelmed with work and various other stuff.

In my reply to him I said: "Obviously I can't enforce any payment at all for my ebooks. The usual deal is as you know -- people are asked to pay only if they enjoy them. In the case of the MR reading group, I'll happily waive that condition for anyone who reads Refuge just for the purposes of the group. Who knows, if they like that book they might try the others!"

I won't nominate this book myself, of course, and will come back tomorrow (it's nearly midnight now in England) to read the thread in full and maybe make a nomination myself.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:57 PM   #47
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
very generous, Mr. Herley, thank you!
Advert
Old 01-20-2009, 08:53 PM   #48
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Okay now that Mr. Henely has responded I'd like to renominate Refuge
Old 01-20-2009, 08:54 PM   #49
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Herley View Post
=X= has kindly contacted me to tell me about this thread -- sorry I have been neglecting MR of late, but I have been overwhelmed with work and various other stuff.

In my reply to him I said: "Obviously I can't enforce any payment at all for my ebooks. The usual deal is as you know -- people are asked to pay only if they enjoy them. In the case of the MR reading group, I'll happily waive that condition for anyone who reads Refuge just for the purposes of the group. Who knows, if they like that book they might try the others!"

I won't nominate this book myself, of course, and will come back tomorrow (it's nearly midnight now in England) to read the thread in full and maybe make a nomination myself.
That's remarkably nice of you!
Old 01-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #50
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Okay now that Mr. Henely has responded I'd like to renominate Refuge
seconded.
Advert
Old 01-20-2009, 08:57 PM   #51
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
seconded.
I be thirdin'
Old 01-20-2009, 09:36 PM   #52
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I be thirdin'
Ok... added to official nom list.

Thank you to Mr. Herley. But, I will be paying for it if we do decided to read it.

BOb
Old 01-20-2009, 09:37 PM   #53
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

and "Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom?" Has that been added?
Old 01-20-2009, 09:38 PM   #54
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Ok... added to official nom list.

Thank you to Mr. Herley. But, I will be paying for it if we do decided to read it.

BOb

Me too. I think I might just read it anyway
Old 01-20-2009, 09:38 PM   #55
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
and "Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom?" Has that been added?
Yes... see message 1. I keep it up to date. Please every one please keep me in check.

BOb
Old 01-20-2009, 09:41 PM   #56
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yes... see message 1. I keep it up to date. Please every one please keep me in check.

BOb
Oops, when you said Doctorow earlier I thought you were talking about E.L. Doctorow.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:45 PM   #57
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:

BOb
aaarrrggghh...I haven't been paying attention. Sorry about that.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:46 PM   #58
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
aaarrrggghh...I haven't been paying attention. Sorry about that.
Doh... how do I take that karma back?

BOb
Old 01-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #59
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Doh... how do I take that karma back?

BOb
Too late......... I'll try to do better......
Old 01-21-2009, 11:30 AM   #60
Richard Herley
Author
Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
=X=, desertgrandma, ShortNCuddlyAm, lilac_jive, pilotbob -- thanks!

I haven't got a nomination to offer yet myself, but check out these two sites, both of which list free contemporary fiction, as well as other downloadable books:

http://finding-free-ebooks.blogspot.com/
http://www.ebooksjustpublished.com/
Closed Thread