Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
goodnerd
goodnerd began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Question small preview page images

i'm not sure if any of you have ever delt with this before but i get like a small preview page of each page before i start it when i convert one of my pdf's into a prc. What can i do to stop this?

thanks
goodnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
You didn't say what you are using for the conversion.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
goodnerd

Sorry, i'm using the Mobipocket Creator
Old 09-19-2011, 07:12 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Sorry, I've never seen anything like that when using Mobipocket Creator to convert a .pdf.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #5
goodnerd

yes its very weird i don't know why it happens and its only with one of the many pdf files i have.

if possible, i know i've made another thread concerning this issue, but could you recommend me a pdf converter that gives the best results for a kindle? The qulity i've been getting with the Mobipocket Creator hasn't been the best.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnerd View Post
i'm not sure if any of you have ever delt with this before but i get like a small preview page of each page before i start it when i convert one of my pdf's into a prc. What can i do to stop this?

thanks
It is likely caused by the PDF itself you are trying to convert. Some PDF files have an image of the text plus the text itself. You need to extract the text separately.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote