Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-24-2016, 01:50 PM   #76
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Ahhh, right you are. I must have been looking at the "kindle unlimited" button. Guess I won't get my mom started (she probably doesn't even want it).
I'd be surprised if your library didn't have book ebook and audio book copies.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 02:04 PM   #77
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I'd be surprised if your library didn't have book ebook and audio book copies.
Well, *I've* got physical copies, but Mom is in Pennsylvania and I'm not. My niece & nephews *are* in PA, and they are reading some version; most likely hard copies from a library. Mom does read physical books, but prefers ebooks I can just send her remotely. She hates "clutter".

And, she hasn't shown any interest in the Potter books. I was just going to try to have her read them, if they were free. She could certainly find them if she wanted them.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2016, 06:18 PM   #78
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Well, *I've* got physical copies, but Mom is in Pennsylvania and I'm not. My niece & nephews *are* in PA, and they are reading some version; most likely hard copies from a library. Mom does read physical books, but prefers ebooks I can just send her remotely. She hates "clutter".

And, she hasn't shown any interest in the Potter books. I was just going to try to have her read them, if they were free. She could certainly find them if she wanted them.
If she does decide she wants to read them they are available as eBooks from the Free Library of Philadelphia (anyone living in Pennsylvania can get a free card) through OverDrive (Kindle or ePub).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:25 PM   #79
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
If she does decide she wants to read them they are available as eBooks from the Free Library of Philadelphia (anyone living in Pennsylvania can get a free card) through OverDrive (Kindle or ePub).
Thanks.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 01:16 AM   #80
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Prime Reading now includes Audible Narration

Quote:
Add Audible Narration to select Prime Reading books to switch seamlessly between reading and listening.
Quote:
Books with Audible Narration in Prime Reading

You can enjoy Prime Reading books with Audible Narration on iOS and Android phones and tablets, Fire tablets and Alexa devices through the free Kindle app and Audible's free listening app. Look for the Prime Reading "Read and Listen Free" on Kindle book pages or browse our catalog below to find titles with Audible narration included in your Prime Reading benefit.
Current Catalog
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2016, 03:19 PM   #81
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
Does anyone know when or if the prime reading book list will be updated? Is it updated at some regular schedule?
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 06:33 PM   #82
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larla View Post
Does anyone know when or if the prime reading book list will be updated? Is it updated at some regular schedule?
Can't swear to it but I think it is every three months.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 06:38 PM   #83
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Can't swear to it but I think it is every three months.
I guess that means if I see anything I might be interested in I should borrow it right away in case it is no longer in the list. I would hope that you can keep a borrowed book that's no longer in the list until you return it.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:54 AM   #84
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I guess that means if I see anything I might be interested in I should borrow it right away in case it is no longer in the list. I would hope that you can keep a borrowed book that's no longer in the list until you return it.
I just found a series I wanted to read, and have only read the first book, if they switch I'll have to see if it's being offered in the Lending Library too. I hope you can keep the borrowed book until your finished reading it , before it gets switched out too.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:24 PM   #85
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
I just found a series I wanted to read, and have only read the first book, if they switch I'll have to see if it's being offered in the Lending Library too. I hope you can keep the borrowed book until your finished reading it , before it gets switched out too.
I've found that a lot of series only have the first book in prime reading, but the other books are in the lending library. The lending library should have the books if the books are part of Kindle unlimited.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 05:24 PM   #86
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I've found that a lot of series only have the first book in prime reading, but the other books are in the lending library. The lending library should have the books if the books are part of Kindle unlimited.
Thanks ! Your right the others are in the Kindle Lending Library
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 03:37 PM   #87
emoorman
Obsessive Reader
emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nokia 1520
That is a fine looking cat. Ed
emoorman is offline   Reply With Quote