Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-20-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Kindle Usability Survey

From the Amazon Forums

Quote:
Jin Y. Baik says:
We are a team of students from the School of Information at UC Berkeley who are analyzing the usability of the Amazon Kindle from the perspective of professional researchers. If you consider yourself a professional researcher, we would like to invite you to participate in our survey, which asks about your usage of the Kindle and the overall user experience. Thank you!

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/surv...WEB228J7ZRUFAD
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:39 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I don't understand... why do they want people that consider themselves a professional researcher to take the survey?

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 11-20-2008 at 11:11 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:05 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I don't understand... why do they want people that considerthemselves a professional researcher to take the survey?

BOb
I don't consider myself a professional researcher, so I didn't do the survey. You could post in the Amazon thread and ask.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:12 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I don't consider myself a professional researcher, so I didn't do the survey. You could post in the Amazon thread and ask.
Ah... perhaps they are doing a survey on using the device as a research tool?

The message did not of course say that. Wouldn't that be a survey question?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:54 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
To be honest, are any of the current crop of readers good enough for professional use?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:28 PM   #6
musemj6
musemj6 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Professional researchers, and probably anyone who has to do any sort of close reading, read in a different manner than those who are reading for pleasure. They tend to annotate quite a lot, highlighting and notes on the side, than the average user. As a reader, I find my Kindle extremely satisfying, but as a literature student, less so. Its capabilities and speed regarding annotation are just not fast enough, and searching for them is hard as well, since one can't transfer the annotated versions to the computer, at least to my knowledge. If anyone knows a way, that information would be much appreciated.

Matthew James
musemj6 is offline   Reply With Quote