Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-08-2022, 08:05 PM   #271
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
New version: 1.9.2

Latest Update: The current version is 1.9.2
Recent Changes:
  • Re-arrange items in the Batch Operations panel
  • Add "Clear Creator 'File as'" batch task
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 05:26 AM   #272
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

New version: 1.9.3

Latest Update: The current version is 1.9.3
Recent Changes:
  • Empty subject tag no longer added if the subject field is empty.
  • You can now use regex find/replace in batch mode. WARNING: regex can do unexpected things to your metadata if you don't know what you are doing! Please do not blame me for giving you access to this awesome and terrible power!
  • Change to the way series is handled for EPUB3 files. Note that this new method is not backward compatible. If you have EPUB3 files that had the previous method for handling series, this information will not appear. (However, it will still be there in the OPF file and may need to be manually deleted.)
Old 06-23-2023, 11:27 PM   #273
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.9.5

Latest Update: The current version is 1.9.5
Recent Changes:
  • Try to capture details of files that fail to be processed during batch processing, outputting a suitable message. This means processing will continue for remaining files in the queue.
  • Application now remembers window location of last closed instance.
Old 01-21-2024, 06:48 PM   #274
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.9.6

Latest Update: The current version is 1.9.6
Recent Changes:
  • Fix for version parsing error during check for update
Old 01-26-2024, 02:59 AM   #275
iris205
Enthusiast
iris205 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/...bebb5fb6b1afcb

Sorry, but your version of the program is infected, and the previous version was also infected. If you can please fix the problem, the program is very good.
iris205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 05:19 AM   #276
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris205 View Post

Sorry, but your version of the program is infected, and the previous version was also infected. If you can please fix the problem, the program is very good.
As far as I can tell, this is a false positive. I have certainly done nothing different during the compilation process for the last two versions. As such, there is nothing I can do to "fix" it. I would recommend whitelisting the program with your virus software. If you don't want to do that, you will have to revert to the older version.
Old 01-26-2024, 07:17 AM   #277
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

I suggest you dump your AV as it's garbage for such false positives. Use the AV that comes with Windows. I know it works.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 02:17 PM   #278
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I suggest you dump your AV as it's garbage for such false positives. Use the AV that comes with Windows. I know it works.
Jon, did you even read the message you are respondng to? @iris2205 is not using a local AV. the executable was run through VirusTotal's online scanner where, for me, 7 of the AV checks came up with a positive. OTOH, 64 AV checks came up negative and 4 came up with unable to process file.

I also opened the file locally in a sandboxed session and it did not do anything that looked suspicious. OTOH, some malware detects such sessions and remains inactive.

Personally, I would say the file is safe to use. False positives are a PITA but they are also going to happen.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 01:52 PM   #279
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Jon, did you even read the message you are respondng to? @iris2205 is not using a local AV. the executable was run through VirusTotal's online scanner where, for me, 7 of the AV checks came up with a positive. OTOH, 64 AV checks came up negative and 4 came up with unable to process file.

I also opened the file locally in a sandboxed session and it did not do anything that looked suspicious. OTOH, some malware detects such sessions and remains inactive.

Personally, I would say the file is safe to use. False positives are a PITA but they are also going to happen.
I have had no false positives from the MS AV that comes with Windows running Windows 10 or Windows 11.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 11:29 PM   #280
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have had no false positives from the MS AV that comes with Windows running Windows 10 or Windows 11.
Whereas I have seen false positives from Windows Defender and every other AV I've used except for Palo Alto's AV for their firewall.
Old 02-06-2024, 04:46 AM   #281
iris205
Enthusiast
iris205 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Thanks for the answers, I will use the older version until the problem is fixed. Probably one of the components you use has a small spy.
iris205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 05:07 PM   #282
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Thanks for the answers, I will use the older version until the problem is fixed. Probably one of the components you use has a small spy.
Again, false positive. If there was an actual chunk of malware, it would be being detected by more scanners today than when you ran your original test.