Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-30-2017, 09:09 PM   #2071
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
No, there aren't any Wordpress blogs supported by FanFicFare.

Or, if there are, they're so well hidden I didn't notice.
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:40 AM   #2072
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
New Test Version Posted

New AO3 performance feature: use_view_full_work option which is true by default. One hit to get the whole story instead of one per chapter.

This version updates the included dependencies. I haven't seen any bad interactions yet.
On http://archiveofourown.org/works/10766613 I´m getting an error message:
chapter-1 not found in view_full_work

Maybe because it´s a story with only 1 chapter?
ILB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2017, 07:23 AM   #2073
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILB View Post
On http://archiveofourown.org/works/10766613 I´m getting an error message:
chapter-1 not found in view_full_work

Maybe because it´s a story with only 1 chapter?
Get the same here, one chapter fanfiction fail, anything more I tested work

one I tried and failed:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/10776000

And this one work:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/8641846
PandathePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:03 AM   #2074
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, bug in the new feature. I'll have fix today.

In the meantime, you can put this in personal.ini:

Code:
[archiveofourown.org]
use_view_full_work:false
UPDATE: now fixed in new test version.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 05-01-2017 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:55 AM   #2075
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New test version posted

2017-05-01
- Fix AO3 use_view_full_work feature for 1 chapter works.

2017-04-29
- New site alternatehistory.com as a base_xenforoforum_adapter. Plus base_xenforoforum_adapter fixes.
- Add site specific extracategories to new sites.
- Fix for PI suppressauthorsort/suppresstitlesort interacting wrong with Author/Title New Only. (PI only)
- Fix CLI -f option help for text vs txt.
- Add AO3 feature use_view_full_work -- true by default.
- Update included dependency packages
- Update html5lib from 0.9x7 to 0.9x9.
- Update to BeautifulSoup 4.5.3.
- Update six.py to 1.10.0.
- Update chardet to 3.0.2.
- Update html2text to (2016, 9, 19).
- Add chardet_confidence_limit option for 'auto' encoding setting.
- Add webencodings to included_dependencies. Needed by in web service with newer html5lib.
- Don't include html5lib(and webencodings) and six in PI zip--uses calibre's versions anyway.
Advert
Old 05-01-2017, 02:50 PM   #2076
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
New test version posted

2017-05-01
- Fix AO3 use_view_full_work feature for 1 chapter works.
Thanks!
ILB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:35 AM   #2077
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I just noticed that a lot of the opf-files has disappeared from the fanfiction I've downloaded is there any way to recreate the files without having to download it all again?

Thanks
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:07 AM   #2078
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
I just noticed that a lot of the opf-files has disappeared from the fanfiction I've downloaded is there any way to recreate the files without having to download it all again?
FanFicFare doesn't do anything to or with calibre's metadata.opf files.

OTOH, if you're talking about content.opf inside epubs, FFF generates that each time an epub is downloaded or updated.

So I have no idea what you're talking about or why you're blaming FanFicFare for it...
Old 05-03-2017, 01:35 PM   #2079
MCBastos
Enthusiast
MCBastos began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy A71
I have been noticing something about the way FanFicFare attributes tags to stories... more specifically, the way it attributes the "Fanfiction" and "In-progress" tags.

It seems to attribute those tags, indiscriminately, to EVERY story downloaded from some sites.

Now, attributing "Fanfiction" to sites like TTH and Fanfiction.net may be wrong in a few cases, but it is a reasonable assumption. However, sites like Fictionmania and TGstorytime house a lot of non-fanfic, original fiction too, so attributing those tags is NOT a reasonable assumption.

As for the "In-progress" tag, it IS handled correctly in TTH (if the story is tagged as "completed" on the site, the "in-progress" tag is removed), but not in TGstorytime or Fictionmania -- even completed stories (and explicitly tagged as such on the site) are tagged as "In-progress."
MCBastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:35 PM   #2080
Atherton25
Zealot
Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
The reason "Fanfiction" is added to every story is that in the plugin-defaults.ini "extratags: FanFiction" is added under [default]. This is likely due to the fact that FFF was originally only for fanfiction.

To override this it's easy, simply add "extratags: " in your personal.ini section, under whatever site you download from that isn't fanfiction. In my case I add "extratags: WebFiction" under sites like [wuxiaworld.com].

To turn it off completely you could probably add "extratags: " to your [default] section. This would likely overwrite the one already there and not add any extra tags, without some investigation I'm not 100% sure about the order FFF pulls from though, so this may not work. Since I'm not home right now, checking this is not possible.

As for the "in-progress" tag, each specific adapter handles these, depending on what's available on the site and getting the information with the adapter. As I dont use those 2 you mentioned, I'm not sure how they handle status. However, there is a line that can be added in your ini file that effects this - and you may want to verify it's not in yours. If there is a blank/no status, the line "default_value_status:" effects this. Personally, I use "default_value_status:Unknown" in the [default] area, but yours *could* say "default_value_status:In-Progress"

Edit:
@JimmXinu I don't think Tanja is blaming FFF, I think he just is saying they've disappeared and he's trying to find a way to get them back.

@Tanjamuse I do agree with JimmXinu this is purely a calibre problem though and has nothing to do with FFF. It is likely you would have to re-download the story to get an opf, or, possibly change some metadata might work. I'm not home so I can't check. The opf file is purely metadata if I remember right, so changing metadata may make calibre modify the existing file, and if it doesn't exist force it to recreate one. Also, there's a Library Maintenance option that may fix this as well, not sure. You may have to ask directly in the calibre main board to get more information if none of these work.

Last edited by Atherton25; 05-03-2017 at 02:46 PM.
Atherton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:23 PM   #2081
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

FanFiction
@Atherton25 is correct about the FanFiction tag. It comes from defaults.ini [defaults] extratags setting and can be overridden by sites and by personal.ini.

There are a few sites that have it explicitly cleared in defaults.ini because they aren't fanfic sites. I haven't added many of the recent new sites, so I haven't been paying a lot of attention to whether it should be cleared. I'll consider recommendations, though, for sites that shouldn't have it set.

In-Progress
As for status In-Progress: I suspect that those adapters don't correctly detect Completed stories in all cases. Please post a few example story URLs--It's not unknown for there to be one than one way it's shown. Maybe we're only checking one of them.

FYI, default_value_status is applied if the adapter doesn't set any status value and there is no defaults.ini value for it. If In-Progress is being set, it should be because the adapter thinks it can tell the difference.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:49 PM   #2082
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCBastos View Post
Now, attributing "Fanfiction" to sites like TTH and Fanfiction.net may be wrong in a few cases, but it is a reasonable assumption. However, sites like Fictionmania and TGstorytime house a lot of non-fanfic, original fiction too, so attributing those tags is NOT a reasonable assumption.
MCBastos appears correct about tgstorytime.com and fictionmania.tv. I've added this to both sites in defaults.ini:

Code:
## Clear FanFiction from defaults, site is original fiction.
extratags:
Will appear in next test version.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:13 PM   #2083
crimson.inked
crimson.inked began at the beginning.

Device: Adroid Tablet
Problems with MediaMiner.org

I just updated my FanFicFare for Calibre 2.10.0

However I am having problems with the stories from Mediaminer.org. I've downloaded from the site before but it either says the URLs I have entered have no valid story urls, or nothing happens (the "downloading metadata" box does not appear).

I referenced the example URLs on the supported sites page. I am doing something wrong???

On a side note... fanfiction.net is giving it a run for its money too. Everything was working fine until I downloaded the new version.....

crimson.inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:36 AM   #2084
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimson.inked View Post
I just updated my FanFicFare for Calibre 2.10.0

However I am having problems with the stories from Mediaminer.org.
On a side note... fanfiction.net is giving it a run for its money too. Everything was working fine until I downloaded the new version.....
I just downloaded a story from each successfully. I was using the latest test version instead of the last release, but there hasn't been anything specific to mediaminer.org or fanfiction.net.

You might need to install the plugin (and restart calibre) again. Once in a while, the plugin install doesn't work correctly. You might also try the test version of the plugin.

If it continues to fail, please post some story URLs that aren't working for you (SFW, please) and a calibre debug log (Calibre Preferences drop down) of the attempt.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:47 PM   #2085
cecabre
cecabre began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi, I have only just started using FanFicFare and I am confused. I downloaded some fic from AO3, and then I figured out how to add custom columns for pairings. When I downloaded a new story, the new pairing column filled in right away. But I can't figure out how to get the old fics to update the pairings. I was sure it had something do with the "Updating existing fanfiction books" setting, but I can't get it to work.

Sorry if this is a super basic question, I don't know anyone else using FanFicFare and wasn't sure where to ask for help.
cecabre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction