Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 08-31-2015, 03:24 PM   #31
bookp
Connoisseur
bookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Sony PRS-T3
I don't use pro tools, so forgive me if I'm using Paint and such, but I found this:

I think maybe you use SumatraPDF, too (in some screenshot somewhere I saw its symbol).
I opened my test file in SumatraPDF, right-click Copy Image, paste into Paint, and then I saw the correct size 738x964.
But when I open a k2pdfopt file and do the same procedure, it shows 741x968.
The -mc pixels in that picture: Top left (0,0), top right (737,0), bottom left (0,963), bottom right (737,963).
So basically there are borders where they shouldn't be: at the right side (3 pixels) and at the bottom (4 pixels).

Is it k2pdfopt or is it SumatraPDF that adds borders (but why didn't SumatraPDF add borders to my test grid)?

My command line options (I used the GUI):
-odpi 215 -h 964 -w 738
Additional Options: -om 0 -mc
Max columns: 2, Document Resolution Factor 1.0, Crop Margins (in) 0.00 (all), Smart line breaks checked (0.200), Re-flow text

When I use -h 960 and -w 735, the dimensions in SumatraPDF are OK (738x964). But the -mc pixels are still off in the same way.

I don't know of any other method to extract the picture, so that's why I did all that SumatraPDF and paint stuff.

Quote:
The black bars you are seeing almost look like a display imperfection/anomaly. E.g.. the one on the top clearly looks like it is only visible on the far right and then gradually disappears into the edge of the display.
Parts of the display are covered by the bezels. That seems to be typical for Sonys, I think I uploaded test pictures elsewhere for the PRS-T1 when it came out, and other users confirmed it. Some devices are better aligned, some less.

Last edited by bookp; 08-31-2015 at 03:31 PM.
bookp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:55 AM   #32
r0bis
r0bis can read faster than his screen refreshesr0bis can read faster than his screen refreshesr0bis can read faster than his screen refreshesr0bis can read faster than his screen refreshesr0bis can read faster than his screen refreshesr0bis can read faster than his screen refreshesr0bis can read faster than his screen refreshesr0bis can read faster than his screen refreshesr0bis can read faster than his screen refreshesr0bis can read faster than his screen refreshesr0bis can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Boox Note Pro / Linux Laptop
Nexus 7 screenshots

Hi here are screenshots from Adobe Acrobat reader on Nexus 7 2013. I am running into some problems with getting good conversions that would load quickly - probably because I am setting the devices physical resolution, which should be 1200x1920 and 323 ppi. Hopefully you could suggest some settings that should be more useful than my attempts.

And thanks a lot for your much needed work!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nexus7_Acroread_PDF_Screenshot_2015-10-02-14-41-05.png
Views:	813
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	142526   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nexus7_Acroread_PDF_Screenshot_Screenshot_2015-10-02-14-41-15.png
Views:	799
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	142527  
r0bis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2015, 09:56 AM   #33
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bis View Post
Hi here are screenshots from Adobe Acrobat reader on Nexus 7 2013. I am running into some problems with getting good conversions that would load quickly - probably because I am setting the devices physical resolution, which should be 1200x1920 and 323 ppi. Hopefully you could suggest some settings that should be more useful than my attempts.

And thanks a lot for your much needed work!
These screenshots show the viewable area at 1187 x 1811. Sort of a strange resolution.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:35 AM   #34
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Anybody have a Kobo Aura One they can post screenshots from? Also, I'd like to start collecting screenshots from when the device is in landscape mode (set to read pages on its side).
Old 04-19-2017, 09:56 AM   #35
gerhaher
Enthusiast
gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
Anybody have a Kobo Aura One they can post screenshots from? Also, I'd like to start collecting screenshots from when the device is in landscape mode (set to read pages on its side).
Hi!

Well, I hope this is what you're looking for. I don't know how to make screenshots in Nickel, so I made them in KOReader. I hope that's OK. The last two are landscape mode.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Reader_2017-Apr-19_153806.png
Views:	564
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	156265   Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader_2017-Apr-19_153814.png
Views:	558
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	156266   Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader_2017-Apr-19_153911.png
Views:	547
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	156267   Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader_2017-Apr-19_153919.png
Views:	568
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	156268  

Last edited by gerhaher; 04-19-2017 at 10:01 AM.
gerhaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2017, 08:43 AM   #36
xpirad
xpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: kobo aura one
gerhaher,you can add these two lines in the Kobo eReader.conf to activate screenshots ability

[FeatureSettings]
Screenshots=true

Then use the power button to make a screenshot.

Be sure to remove those lines afterwards.
xpirad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:02 AM   #37
billwsy
billwsy can name that ebook in five wordsbillwsy can name that ebook in five wordsbillwsy can name that ebook in five wordsbillwsy can name that ebook in five wordsbillwsy can name that ebook in five wordsbillwsy can name that ebook in five wordsbillwsy can name that ebook in five wordsbillwsy can name that ebook in five wordsbillwsy can name that ebook in five wordsbillwsy can name that ebook in five wordsbillwsy can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kindle Oasis 2017
Here are screenshots from Kindle Oasis 2 (2017), 7 inch screen, 300 DPI.

I am using the following options for k2pdfopt.
Code:
-w 1200 -h 1584 -dpi 300
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	KindleOasis2017_1.png
Views:	546
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	163260   Click image for larger version

Name:	KindleOasis2017_2.png
Views:	585
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	163261  
billwsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 06:52 PM   #38
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Looking for latest Kobo device screenshots

Can anybody post to this thread with PDF screenshots from a Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Forma, or Kobo Libra H2O? See first post in thread, please. Both regular and full-screen viewing modes would be appreciated.
Old 11-29-2020, 01:20 PM   #39
alcam
alcam understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alcam understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alcam understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alcam understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alcam understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alcam understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alcam understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alcam understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alcam understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alcam understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'alcam understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: none
Hello, here are screenshots for PocketBook Inkpad 3 (1404 × 1872, 300dpi). Thanks
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	scr0001.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	183680   Click image for larger version

Name:	scr0002.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	183681  
alcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 02:27 PM   #40
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Kindle Dx

824x1200. Hope these attach properly...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screen_shot-43007.gif
Views:	296
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	183796   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-43008.gif
Views:	303
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	183797  
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 05:19 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
After seeing the screenshot of the Kindle Oasis, Amazon still hasn't gotten the dithering quite right.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 02:14 PM   #42
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
After seeing the screenshot of the Kindle Oasis, Amazon still hasn't gotten the dithering quite right.
Maybe so, but there's no way to tell from a screenshot more than 2 years old.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 06:44 PM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Maybe so, but there's no way to tell from a screenshot more than 2 years old.
I'll take screenshots with my H2O running the current firmware and the PW3 running the current firmware. Then we'll see if the Kindle is still not dithering as well as Kobo,
Old 12-08-2020, 07:30 PM   #44
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'll take screenshots with my H2O running the current firmware and the PW3 running the current firmware. Then we'll see if the Kindle is still not dithering as well as Kobo,
That would be interesting and worthwhile, but belongs in some other thread.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 05:11 AM   #45
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
That would be interesting and worthwhile, but belongs in some other thread.
It belongs here because it's going to be screenshots of the PDF posted in the first post of this thread.

Tags
dithering