Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-05-2009, 02:03 AM   #1
ThemStones
ThemStones began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 International
MetaData from FileName and Saving Templates

Hello Everybody

I think I am doing something wrong in the configuration of Calibre 6.26. Perhaps someone could spot the error and put me out of my misery:

1. I use the (well used in the forum) following RegEx to extract MD from the filename :
(?P<author>[^_-]+) -?\s*(?P<series>[^_0-9-]*)(?P<series_index>[0-9]*)\s*-\s*(?P<title>[^_].+) ?

2. Testing with Banks, LA - Vampire Huntress Legend 2 - The Awakening.prc works perfectly (in the test output fields)

3. I use the standard output template : {author_sort}/{title}/{title} - {authors}

4. The file is saved as Banks, LA - Vampire Huntress Legend 2 - - Banks_ LA.prc This is the first confusion.

5.Inside Calibre, the Title is reflected as Banks, LA - Vampire Huntress Legend 2 - The Awakening.prc but the series and author(s) details are perfectly correct, as Vampire Huntress Legend [2] and Banks, LA

Having only discovered Calibre 24 hours ago (), I am sure I am doing something blatantly wrong, bur cannot see where. Is there a special way to save options other than using the OK button? I tried making obvious changes to the output template but they don't seem to make any difference to the actual output file's format. It seems as the new template is ignored.

Any ideas will be very much appreciated.

Last edited by ThemStones; 12-05-2009 at 02:07 AM.
ThemStones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:08 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
try this for metadata from filename and check if get metadata from only filename is selected

(?P<author>.+?) - (\[(?P<series>.+?) (?P<series_index>[0-9]+)\] - )?(?P<title>.+)

Are you talking about the file saved inside calibre on adding to calibre
or when you are using the save to option
For save to I personally use this as I dont want to have each book in its own folder in my reader

{authors}/{series}/{series_index:0>2s}. {title}
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2009, 09:17 AM   #3
ThemStones
ThemStones began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 International
DA, You are the man!!!
I can't believe I had stared at that config screen for hours and hours and didn't notice to check that option box to only get MetaData from filename
Just one tick-in-da-box and overything is perfect.
Thanks again.
ThemStones is offline   Reply With Quote