Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 04-15-2009, 08:22 AM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Problems uploading books

For the last few days I have had problems uploading books.

I go through the process of the book attachment and click UPLOAD. Everything appears normal until a "CANNOT DISPLAY THIS PAGE" appears.

I have had no other indication of problems. Is it possible the server is having problems?

Charlie
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Hi Charlie,

For the last few weeks I've had exactly the same problem when I try to upload files through my not terribly good work internet connection. It works fine for me from home.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2009, 08:25 AM   #3
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Harry,
I'm connected to a high speed cable network. I have no problems uploading to other sites.

Part of my problem in finding this glitch is that I don't know exactly how the forum servers operate. When I select MANAGE ATTACHMENTS, the window is very slow in downloading. Selecting the attachments is no problem. When I select UPLOAD, everything seems to stop and eventually IE (and Firefox) reports CANNOT DISPLAY THIS PAGE. Check server.

Does the UPLOAD command move the files to the server? This seems to be the case since the SUBMIT is virtually instantaneous.

I had my provider ring-out my connection and they say "NO PROBLEM." The problem may lie with one of the other sites in the path.

Apparently, the default connection is to the Canadian server. There appears to also be a US server. How do I connect there to try again?

Charlie
Old 04-16-2009, 10:25 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unfortunately you can't connect directly to the US server; it is necessary to first upload a file to the Canadian server, and then move it from there to the US server.

Hopefully when Alex returns from his trip, he'll be able to sort out the problem.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:24 PM   #5
crutledge
eBook FANatic

I'm baaaaaaack!

I'm back up and moving books to the forum.

The problem turned out to be the cable modem!!!!!

I apologize to any and all in the universe about whom I may I may have made disparaging remarks.

I'm now running faster than a scalded cat.

Charlie
Advert
Old 04-30-2009, 05:48 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Good to hear! Thanks for letting us know.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:13 AM   #7
MHpurple
MHpurple began at the beginning.

Device: none
this thread helped me a lot
MHpurple is offline   Reply With Quote