Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-24-2017, 03:04 AM   #1
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
Bluetooth icon in menubar

Hi,

is there a way to have the bluetooth icon in menubar also when it is off?
I'd like to on/off it without go every time in preferences.

Thank you

Fabrizio
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:03 AM   #2
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrzvnrnd View Post
is there a way to have the bluetooth icon in menubar also when it is off?
I'd like to on/off it without go every time in preferences.
It is a matter of Firmware. My MaxCarta with 1.8.2 has a toggle icon for BT near the Wi-Fi one with the same toggle function. Try updating...
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2017, 04:31 AM   #3
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
It is a matter of Firmware. My MaxCarta with 1.8.2 has a toggle icon for BT near the Wi-Fi one with the same toggle function. Try updating...
Even when it is off? I have it only when it is on.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:35 AM   #4
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Even when it is off? I have it only when it is on.
It's a toggle - even when it is off. The icon alternates with a BT symbol plus a "block cross" sign
Old 08-24-2017, 05:47 AM   #5
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Quote:
It's a toggle - even when it is off. The icon alternates with a BT symbol plus a "block cross" sign
Ah. Strange. Here, M96, 1.8.2 I have the icon only when BlueTooth is active.
I see my 1.8.2 is April version instead the May one, but I do not think the added it only in this one.
Advert
Old 08-24-2017, 06:57 AM   #6
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Ah. Strange. Here, M96, 1.8.2 I have the icon only when BlueTooth is active.
I see my 1.8.2 is April version instead the May one, but I do not think the added it only in this one.
I think it is instead very possible. I encourage you to try and report

Last edited by mdp; 08-24-2017 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:15 AM   #7
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Quote:
I think it is iastead very possible. I encourage you to try and report
Just tried. But still no bluetooth icon
Old 08-24-2017, 10:24 AM   #8
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Just tried. But still no bluetooth icon
Here, MaxCarta, 1.8.2 of 3 May 2017. Maybe you will get it at the next build. The firmwares per device model are not identical.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:22 PM   #9
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Bluetooth icon appears in my menu bar whether it is on or off and I can use it to perform both functions on my Max with FW version 1.8.2. Now just have to wait for my BT keyboard to arrive...
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 01:19 AM   #10
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Quote:
Here, MaxCarta, 1.8.2 of 3 May 2017. Maybe you will get it at the next build. The firmwares per device model are not identical.
Thank you for the suggestion. I'll try again wih next build.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:24 AM   #11
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Bluetooth icon appears in my menu bar whether it is on or off and I can use it to perform both functions on my Max with FW version 1.8.2. Now just have to wait for my BT keyboard to arrive...
I have a cheap slim compact Bluetooth keyboard as "on tour" keyboard, and a mechanical "click click" keyboard for long writing that I use with my Onyx and my macbook too; sometimes writing with mchanical keyboard with Onyx under the sunlight is nice
Old 08-25-2017, 01:51 AM   #12
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
I have a cheap slim compact Bluetooth keyboard as "on tour" keyboard, and a mechanical "click click" keyboard for long writing that I use with my Onyx and my macbook too; sometimes writing with mchanical keyboard with Onyx under the sunlight is nice
Sorry, how do you connect the mechanical keyboard? USB? It was not possible with past Onyx tablets. Do you also have USB on-the-go?
Old 08-25-2017, 01:47 PM   #13
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Quote:
Sorry, how do you connect the mechanical keyboard? USB? It was not possible with past Onyx tablets. Do you also have USB on-the-go?
No, I bought a bluetooth mechanical keyboard.