Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 04-25-2017, 01:16 PM   #1
goofy123
goofy123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Exclamation Edit Window Calibre

Would be so grateful to anyone who can help me. I have been converting pdf files to epub which is a laborious business but I'm doing ok until today. I don't know how I have done this but I have somehow managed to change the appearance of the Edit window.

It used to have the text I wanted to edit on the left side of the window and the File preview pane on the right. I now have the whole window of text as index html. and when I click on File Preview it comes up as another window on top of the index html.

This means that much of the text is hidden under the preview window which makes it difficult to see the text I need to change ( primarily all the double "l" that don't appear for some reason when converting pdf files) as well as rearranging the paragraphs and making other corrections.

Can anyone tell me how to get it back to the way it was please? If I uninstall and then reinstall will I lose all the files I already have on Calibre?

Many thanks to anyone who can help. It is probably something basic but I have wasted about 3 hours trying everything I can think of.
goofy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2017, 01:44 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab 2(RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy123 View Post
Would be so grateful to anyone who can help me. I have been converting pdf files to epub which is a laborious business but I'm doing ok until today. I don't know how I have done this but I have somehow managed to change the appearance of the Edit window.

It used to have the text I wanted to edit on the left side of the window and the File preview pane on the right. I now have the whole window of text as index html. and when I click on File Preview it comes up as another window on top of the index html.

This means that much of the text is hidden under the preview window which makes it difficult to see the text I need to change ( primarily all the double "l" that don't appear for some reason when converting pdf files) as well as rearranging the paragraphs and making other corrections.

Can anyone tell me how to get it back to the way it was please? If I uninstall and then reinstall will I lose all the files I already have on Calibre?

Many thanks to anyone who can help. It is probably something basic but I have wasted about 3 hours trying everything I can think of.
(re)Dock it
double click the titlebar
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:39 AM   #3
goofy123
goofy123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Don't know how to thank you enough!! It works!! Can't believe I wasted all that time for something so silly.

Many, many thanks theducks.
goofy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:50 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab 2(RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy123 View Post
Don't know how to thank you enough!! It works!! Can't believe I wasted all that time for something so silly.

Many, many thanks theducks.
Almost all the (child) windows in the editor can be undocked.

Some will even stack (they grow a tab) NB I have the TOC and File Browser this way.
You can drag and drop these into many docked positions (nal all really useful )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote