Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-03-2016, 02:32 AM   #1
Jack_daw
Jack_daw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7gen
Help to recover Kindle PW3

Hi, please help! Have a kindle PW3.
1. On 5.6.5 i do jb and hotfix
2. update to 5.7.3.1 and it's works fine
3. by mistake i turn off airplane mode and kindle connect to Amazon and understand what its jb
4. after what i have empty kindle (no books) but in kindle folder books was
5. i do jb again (whith internet method)
6. now kindle see books but don't work KUAL, its says "kindle no more taster device"

How it fix?
Jack_daw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 03:11 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
That KUAL error happens when the MKK got deleted (for instance, a deregistration does that).
Reboot your Kindle and the bridge will reinstall it.

I have no idea what you mean by steps 3-5, but that KUAL error is all that matters.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2016, 03:14 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
3 .. 5 probably means they haven't discovered the reversed labeling of "local" and "cloud"

or whatever names that Amazon changed them to recently.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 03:26 AM   #4
Jack_daw

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
That KUAL error happens when the MKK got deleted (for instance, a deregistration does that).
Reboot your Kindle and the bridge will reinstall it.

I have no idea what you mean by steps 3-5, but that KUAL error is all that matters.
After restart all gone again, it's empty (see photo). Maybe i don't say something important, please ask.
About pont 3-5:
3. Pw3 5.7.3.1 with jb goes to internet
4.after that kindle empty (no books, see photo)
5. I do jb again, and now i see books but kindle launcher isn't work
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2524.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	147562  
Old 04-03-2016, 03:31 AM   #5
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Нажмите "Загруженное".
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2016, 03:33 AM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Stop trying to install the JB it (Branch Delay's jailbreak, as opposed to the hotfix) doesn't work on firmware 5.7.3 anyway.

Switch from "All" to "Downloaded", that would be "BCE" to "Загруженное" I think.
You are currently viewing the (purchased) books in your Amazon Cloud.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:36 AM   #7
Jack_daw

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Нажмите "Загруженное".
Спасибо огромное! Все заработало!
Old 04-03-2016, 03:37 AM   #8
Jack_daw

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Stop trying to install the JB it (Branch Delay's jailbreak, as opposed to the hotfix) doesn't work on firmware 5.7.3 anyway.

Switch from "All" to "Downloaded", that would be "BCE" to "Загруженное" I think.
You are currently viewing the (purchased) books in your Amazon Cloud.
Thanks! all works!!!
Old 04-03-2016, 03:57 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
3 .. 5 probably means they haven't discovered the reversed labeling of "local" and "cloud"

or whatever names that Amazon changed them to recently.
What reversed labelling? They're called "All" (Cloud) and "Downloaded" (local), which seems pretty clear.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:09 AM   #10
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

It is only clear if most or all of your books are synced from Amazon.

Otherwise, Downloaded sounds like it should indicate a filter for synced books, with "All" meaning synced + sideloaded.
Which, given thought, seems silly because why should such a filter exist, and how then do you download books, but again, for someone who doesn't purchase from Amazon, it is extremely confusing and not at all intuitive.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:19 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I see what you're saying, but it would honestly never have occurred to me to consider that Amazon would label options from any other viewpoint that that of books bought from Amazon. It is, after all, a device whose primary purpose is to allow you to read Amazon content. Hence:

"All" = "All the books in my Cloud storage"
"Downloaded" = "The books I've downloaded from the Cloud onto my Kindle"

Last edited by HarryT; 04-03-2016 at 04:23 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:28 AM   #12
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

And Cloud/Device was just as clear, while also making sense to people who sideload.

I have no idea why Amazon would've changed it, and yes I know they aren't thinking of people who don't actually purchase from them.

So -- a mess of pointless confusion.