Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-10-2015, 04:33 AM   #1
yeahman45
yeahman45 began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62
Boyue T62+ screen very fragile?

on banggood, there's a warning saying the screen is very fragile and will not be covered by warranty...

how fragile is the screen as compared to other eink readers; i have the nook simple touch and it is doing fine after 1.5-2 years except for the crappy touchscreen..

is the panel used on the Boyue T62 a cheap very fragile one? I read a comment on youtube, someone broke its screen after 2 weeks even with a cover on it; the screen broke just by sitting in his backpack.... it did not fell or the owner did not apply pressure or sit on the reader...

was very interested with this ereader but a very fragile screen seems a deal breaker for me..
yeahman45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 06:57 AM   #2
hob
Connoisseur
hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: none
As far as I know and have seen, all E-Ink panels are fragile and can get damaged pretty easily by getting hit, being left in a very hot/cold environment, having put under heavy stuff, and other kinds of accidents that might cause direct damage to the screen (other electronic parts are not as fragile as the screen on any of these such devices and although E-Ink panels might be more fragile than LCD ones, but LCDs and other technologies break too!). That is why a hard case and maybe a small tablet bag are necessary for these devices IMO.

All E-Ink panels are made by the same company (E-Ink) using the same production lines; so I don't think any of the members of the same model of E-Ink panels are of higher/inferior quality compared to others.

Last edited by hob; 10-10-2015 at 07:00 AM.
hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2015, 08:15 AM   #3
RedShadow
D00d
RedShadow will become famous soon enoughRedShadow will become famous soon enoughRedShadow will become famous soon enoughRedShadow will become famous soon enoughRedShadow will become famous soon enoughRedShadow will become famous soon enough

Device: PocketBook Lux 3 (626)
So I see you have met with my... 'tactical friend' on youtube...

I agree with hob though. Screens should be of equal quality, that makes sense.
I still can't figure out why my screen broke. Bad Karma I guess.
RedShadow is offline   Reply With Quote