Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #121
ATFmac
Connoisseur
ATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge, Ermine 0.9, Rooted, Market Enabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by glow View Post
Just read about this site elsewhere. Anyone have any knowledge about it?
http://www.bazaarandroid.com/

Thanks
Sorry, I don't know about this site. But I suggest you make a new thread in the Edge forums, not many people will see this question here.

ATFmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:08 PM   #122
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Exclamation EE & PE User Manuals

The User manuals are available in both PDF and ePub;

Pocket Edge (PE) 7" - http://www.entourageedge.com/support...eUserGuide.pdf
Entourage Edge (EE) 10" - http://www.entourageedge.com/support...kbarticleid=80

Edit: Seems the entourage website is no longer active (times out); therefore attached are the user manuals for the PE and EE in epub format.
Attached Files
File Type: epub PocketeDGeUserGuideNovember.epub (2.63 MB, 411 views)
File Type: epub enTourage_eDGe_User_Guide_201009.epub (2.06 MB, 322 views)

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 09-05-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #123
Zazoo
Zazoo began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe
Question $15 stylus...anyone know if it works?

Just $15, free shipping. Comes with extra tips. Just not sure it will work on the eDGe e-ink screen.

Replacement Digitizer Pen for Tablet Wacom X61 Lenovo

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-...#ht_510wt_1270
Zazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:50 PM   #124
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi Zazoo, and welcome!!

I don't know whether that stylus will work. It doesn't say "penabled" so it might not. If you can look up the Lenovo models it works with and determine whether they use the penabled Wacom styli you might have an answer. Not all Wacom instruments work, but pretty much all "penabled" Wacom styluses will work, as I understand it.

Good luck, and if you get it let us know!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #125
Zazoo

Good luck, and if you get it let us know!! [/QUOTE]

I was hoping someone more knowledgeable than me, would know. I found a reference to that stylus in the old forums, here:

http://www.ethanphoenix.com/entourag...iewfull=1.html

(BTW, These old forums are not the same ones found here in MobileRead, which seems to be missing a lot of original posts.)

Search for "lenovo" in that thread, you'll get this comment: "The pens for the Lenovo tablet computers are also "penabled" and work well. For some people, these may be easier to acquire than others."

No followup on that stylus, so I was kinda hoping to find some followup in current forums.

I'll skip this then, maybe someone else will have a solid answer pro or con, later on down the line.
Advert
Old 09-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #126
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur
ilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindles, iPad,Note 8, Note 3, iPhone 5,Sony 350& T1, Entourage PE & EE
I searched information about the Lenovo tablet stylus and found a forum saying that the stylus is Penabled so I decided to take a chance and order one of these that you posted. It has shipped already so I should have it in the next couple of days. I will post an update as to whether it works once it arrives.
Zazoo, thanks for telling us about them. Hopefully it will work for our Edges. Fingers crossed. : )
ilovegadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #127
Zazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegadgets View Post
Zazoo, thanks for telling us about them. Hopefully it will work for our Edges. Fingers crossed. : )
Me, too. Thanks so much! (2 pirrouettes for you!)
Old 09-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #128
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur
ilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindles, iPad,Note 8, Note 3, iPhone 5,Sony 350& T1, Entourage PE & EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazoo View Post
Just $15, free shipping. Comes with extra tips. Just not sure it will work on the eDGe e-ink screen.

Replacement Digitizer Pen for Tablet Wacom X61 Lenovo

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-...#ht_510wt_1270
I just received this pen in the mail. It works with the PE. I like that it is the size of a regular pen. I will probably use it when I need to do a lot of writing on the e-ink side.
ilovegadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #129
tarvoke
Dog Dentist
tarvoke began at the beginning.

Device: PE, GT540, VM670, GOGHVMU, Qualcomm 1600
for the curious, my old autopsy of the guts of a "penabled" stylus
http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50740
tarvoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:47 AM   #130
slickbit13
slickbit13 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
Unhappy

Hey guys,
I originally purchased my PE from HSN, on 10/31/10. I also bought the 2yr service plan they offered.
As soon as Ermine was available I upgraded. And I really love my little PE. I use it for my business and all was well. I turned it off the other day, plugged it in to charge, went to bed. The next AM I unplugged it and turned it on. The best way I can describe it was it was as though the unit hic-up'd. All my contacts were gone and the calendar was wiped clean. The calendar was still there but when I tried to reload the appointments I 'ld get a message that the was no calendar. So I uninstalled the calendar and reinstalled...same message. I even tried to uninstall ermine and reinstall and still no luck. So I called HSN. Was given the number for the "LIFETIME SERVICE CENTER". I contacted them and ended up asking to speak to the tech that would be working on my PE. GUESS WHAT'! They put me on with him. I found out he's working on two other PE 's with the same issue. He tried to walk me through some steps and I had already done them myself. So he said it looked like it may be a mother board to send it in. He also said that if he had to change out the board he always upgrades to Ermine, and he ould change the serial number to the original so that the service contract would still be valid. Since entourage offered a year my actual HSN service contract had not even kicked in yet. But since Entourage went belly up they would cover that year. Translated on October 31, 2012 their contract will start. So, I actually got 3 years of service. If for some reson it cannot be fixed I get a refund of 100% ($400) of the original cost. FYI this tech said he thinks he's the only person working on these units in the US he sounded very knowledgeable. If it Can be fixed I think this guy will do it. This service center is in Williamville, New York. The name of the center is "Lifetime Service Center". I sent my PE out Wednesday 9/14/11. I'll keep y'all posted. But if you need a repair the help is available at this service center.
Wish me luck....
slickbit13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #131
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarvoke View Post
for the curious, my old autopsy of the guts of a "penabled" stylus
http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50740
Mobileread thread
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:37 PM   #132
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickbit13 View Post
FYI this tech said he thinks he's the only person working on these units in the US he sounded very knowledgeable. If it Can be fixed I think this guy will do it. This service center is in Williamville, New York. The name of the center is "Lifetime Service Center". I sent my PE out Wednesday 9/14/11. I'll keep y'all posted. But if you need a repair the help is available at this service center.
Wish me luck....
Slickbit, sorry your PE failed. But I think it's great that you can get it repaired, and that there is someone out there working on them, and apparently willing to swap out a motherboard! This could be good news for people who have suffered a White Screen of Death on their units!

Thanks for sharing, and do let us know the result!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:38 AM   #133
sneffels
sneffels began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PocketEdge
Thanks for the great info available here. Because entourage registration site was down, I could not make the new pocketedge acquired from Woot work. Was ready to send it back. Now, thanks to you, I am up and running, upgraded, and learning fast!
sneffels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #134
fiona05
fiona05 began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Videos? help

So, we cant register the edge anymore, and Youtube or other videos will not play. Is there a way to get them to play? I bought this for my son who spends a lot of time at dr's or in the hospital

Thanks
fiona05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #135
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiona05 View Post
So, we cant register the edge anymore, and Youtube or other videos will not play. Is there a way to get them to play? I bought this for my son who spends a lot of time at dr's or in the hospital

Thanks
I haven't tried my Tube Player since Entourage closed up shop but mine doesn't seem to work now either, on my PE or on my full-size Edge. Thanks to one of the forum users (Glow) for pointing out an alternative YouTube player that works:

http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/youtube

Also, another forum user (DianNC) noted that if you use the Miren browser and go directly to the YouTube website the videos will play. I also was able to do this also using the xScope browser. Here are the links to download:

http://www.4shared.com/file/XdfiVOIe/cnmirenbrowser.htm

http://www.4shared.com/file/aeYVtH7n...wser_v630.html

You can also use FREEdi YouTube Downloader free from Amazon (if you have Ermine installed and the Amazon App store installed) to download and play YouTube videos as an alternative.

Last edited by obsessed2; 09-19-2011 at 12:47 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote