Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-15-2017, 03:23 PM   #181
haidinhtuan
haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.haidinhtuan 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One
I have the feeling that, in this firmware version the battery life is worse (I#m using KA1). I set the brightness at 19% and the natural light ~ 22% and it took 30 min to reduce from 90% to 85%.

Anyone have the same experience?
haidinhtuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 06:17 PM   #182
eric1116
eric1116 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo Hd, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by haidinhtuan View Post
I have the feeling that, in this firmware version the battery life is worse (I#m using KA1). I set the brightness at 19% and the natural light ~ 22% and it took 30 min to reduce from 90% to 85%.

Anyone have the same experience?
I have same feeling. Plus seems have serious battery drain. My KA1 was almost full charged last night but after 6 hours, battery only 56% left. When I putting KA1 to sleep, front light won't turn off (what ever use power button or sleep cover)
eric1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:23 PM   #183
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric1116 View Post
I have same feeling. Plus seems have serious battery drain. My KA1 was almost full charged last night but after 6 hours, battery only 56% left. When I putting KA1 to sleep, front light won't turn off (what ever use power button or sleep cover)
A process got stuck... Press and Hold the power button to force a shutdown. Then restart. If this behaviour continues, you have something else gone horribly wrong.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:26 PM   #184
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
A process got stuck... Press and Hold the power button to force a shutdown. Then restart. If this behaviour continues, you have something else gone horribly wrong.
Agreed, my KA1 hasn't seen any issues with the battery, especially in the more recent firmware releases.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:12 PM   #185
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Also please stickie the thread. Thanks.
The new firmware thread gets stickied in the Dev sub-forum, but not here. It's popular enough that it's readily findable, especially now the stickies have been pruned.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:16 PM   #186
doggo
doggo is a marvel to beholddoggo is a marvel to beholddoggo is a marvel to beholddoggo is a marvel to beholddoggo is a marvel to beholddoggo is a marvel to beholddoggo is a marvel to beholddoggo is a marvel to beholddoggo is a marvel to beholddoggo is a marvel to beholddoggo is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
SD Card issue workaround

Kobo 4.4 SD card workaround:
Saw this problem after updating 4.3 > 4.4.
Try giving your SD card a disk name, the books on your card should be visible again. (so it's not the default -blank-, 'no name' or 'untitled')

You can basically follow these steps (substitute ‘flash drive’ for ‘micro SD card’ – and be sure to eject safely!

Mac:
https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/d...-card-on-a-mac

Windows:
https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/d...ZCaWZnJTIxJTIx
doggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:03 AM   #187
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggo View Post
Kobo 4.4 SD card workaround:
Saw this problem after updating 4.3 > 4.4.
Try giving your SD card a disk name, the books on your card should be visible again. (so it's not the default -blank-, 'no name' or 'untitled')

You can basically follow these steps (substitute ‘flash drive’ for ‘micro SD card’ – and be sure to eject safely!

Mac:
https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/d...-card-on-a-mac

Windows:
https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/d...ZCaWZnJTIxJTIx
Thank you! Going to give this a try. Will report back.

Edited to add: You are a genius! This works like a charm. Renamed the SD card to SDCARD (original, I know), and voila! The SD card is seen and all my books are there. Thank you so much.

Last edited by icallaci; 05-16-2017 at 01:42 AM.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 02:05 AM   #188
sladflob
Connoisseur
sladflob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura One
Quote:
Epub search still broken, (but easy to work around, now that trigger condition is known.)
Can someone please tell me the workaround for this? I saw a post a while ago saying it has something to do with the table of contents but haven't been able to find out how to get around it. Thanks!
sladflob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:52 AM   #189
Odyssee
Connoisseur
Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.Odyssee knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kindle Basic 11
My first impression of this firmware was: mmmm new homescreen not too bad, device definitely more sensitive to touch, so over all not too bad. But and this is a big BUT, last night my battery was on 98%, this morning 30%. And I noticed that the light automatically turns on when I wake up the device, even though I switched off everything in the settings. Seems to be the same problem as Eric1116 is having.
Enough for me to restore the settings and to go back to the 8966 firmware. I'm pissed. Why can't these guys from Kobo do it right for once?

Last edited by Odyssee; 05-16-2017 at 04:09 AM.
Odyssee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:05 AM   #190
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sladflob View Post
Can someone please tell me the workaround for this? I saw a post a while ago saying it has something to do with the table of contents but haven't been able to find out how to get around it. Thanks!
Use the "Edit Toc" feature of Calibre on the book. (Sorry, I do not remember where it is by default, or even if it's visisble by default. If you can't find Edit TOC, go to Preferences, Cutomize Toolbars. Select either the Main Tollbar or Menubar. Scroll down the left column to find Edit TOC, and click the right pointing arrow to move it to the right hand side column.

Once you have the TOC editor open, click on the button to generate TOC from files. That will a append a new, autogenerated TOC to the original. Click OK to save.

This of course, only works on DRM free books. (yet another reason, as though anyone needed any, that DRM should never be tolerated.)
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:50 AM   #191
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Epub search still broken, (but easy to work around, now that trigger condition is known.)
The trigger condition is?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:08 AM   #192
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
My H2O is updated and has no issues with the external card. Settings/Device Information shows it with 16212 of 30424MB available and the books on it are visible in My Books.
What format is your microSD card? Are all your books in the root of the root of the microSD card?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:02 AM   #193
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What format is your microSD card? Are all your books in the root of the root of the microSD card?
It seems to be an issue with unnamed SD Cards. As soon as I named my SD card and upgraded to 4.4.9298, the SD card was seen and behaved normally. Thank you to doggo, who hit a home run with his first post!
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:05 AM   #194
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
It seems to be an issue with unnamed SD Cards. As soon as I named my SD card and upgraded to 4.4.9298, the SD card was seen and behaved normally. Thank you to doggo, who hit a home run with his first post!
This solved my issue with my sd card as well. Karma to doggo for posting this info.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:14 AM   #195
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
I knew there was something I had to test for this. I've always labelled my SD cards and they were all recognised. I just removed the label on one and my Glo didn't see it. Putting the label back on solved it.

So, it looks like Kobo put a personality test into the latest firmware
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote