Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-08-2019, 04:01 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Long text columns containg multiple items

Is there a way of creating a long text column that would allow items being automatically added to not be overwritten and perhaps be shown with hard breaks between items. Maybe format it so that all items are appended rather than overwritten? Appended with hard breaks?

Would like to use one column to hold multiple instances of original file paths, original file dates, and multiple add and read dates. Unless I use copy/replace and format it so that each item contains a hard break after it, and that the items are appended I don't know if just importing data will overwrite it.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 05:12 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
If you format as HTML perhaps you could use a table, there's no wysiwyg support for tables so you'll need to hand code it - I have no idea if long text HTML columns support tables. Suck it and see, or read the code.

Or if you format as Plain Text you could simply maintain a separated list - maybe using ; or | as a separator.

FWIW: I would maintain the lists in a OneNote .one file, which does support tables, check lists etc etc. I have an empty proforma template .one file on my desktop that I add to a book as a format file as and when needed.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert