Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-24-2019, 10:31 AM   #1
nacho922
nacho922 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 8a gen, PW2
Unhappy Problem with my kindle 8th generation.

Hi friends,
I have kindle 2016 8th generation model no is sy69jl. Apparently it has a problem with the battery, because it does not charge when it is on, the battery runs out quickly and the empty battery icon appears with the exclamation mark. I discovered that by connecting it to the wall charger for 4 hours and then leaving it for 2 hours without charging, or touching, it finally turns on. But the battery lasts only a few hours in reading mode with the wifi and bluetooth turned off. Once it turns off, I get the exclamation mark and it does not turn on, not even pressing the power button for 40 seconds. I also discovered that if I disarm it and disconnect the battery and reconnect it, it starts again, and it works a few more hours. But I do not want to be disarming it and disconnecting the battery every time it shuts down. The other way I discovered is putting it in the refrigerator for about 40 minutes to cool, take it out with a towel and connect it to the wall and then turn it on.
I do not know what's going on, because it worked well, I do not know if it's the battery or the motherboard. On YouTube I saw that some tablets (not kindle) do not recognize the load properly and make a bridge between the charging pin and the battery, because the positive does not work as it should. Do you have any suggestions or ideas? or I have to resign myself to the idea that my kind died.

Postscript: the kindle is no longer guaranteed, I contacted and was offered 40% off in the purchase of a kindle. But they do not have shipment to Argentina

Thank you all for your time. Sorry the long post and a bad English.
nacho922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 12:59 AM   #2
dom123dom
Zealot
dom123dom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 WiFi 4Gb 2013 (s/n 9017..)
Have a look at my thread here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...76#post3826476

Similar sounding issue. If you can put a serial port connection on it you'll have a better idea what's going on.
dom123dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2019, 07:58 AM   #3
Bembela
Bembela began at the beginning.

Device: None
As dom said. Probably it is same issue. No need to put it on serial in every case. Log should be enough. Just write ";dm" in search field. Log will appear in Documents. Find file all_system_logs_as_of_xxxxxxxxxx.txt and open it. Search for lines with "def:battinfo:" and if there are values for current lower than -1000mA (while discharging) and Kindle is not unusualy warm from back side it is definitely fake value.
Bembela is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery drain, kindle 8th generation, troubleshoot