Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-25-2019, 12:00 PM   #1
maxcol
maxcol began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Max2 Pro
Is there any way to get a split screen?

Hi Forum,

I have an Onyx Max2 Pro. Liking it a lot so far, except for one thing: How to view two different pdf files on the same (huge :-)) screen?
I'm looking for some way to split the screen in two panels, side by side or one on top of the other, and read/annotate a different pdf file in each panel.

Can this be done, maybe with a third party application?

Thanks!
maxcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:28 PM   #2
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
afaik, you can't.

onyx have disabled the multi-app android system and I don't even know any third party app to open 2 pdf at the same time.

Last edited by whopper; 03-26-2019 at 03:32 PM.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2019, 02:47 PM   #3
bango
bango began at the beginning.

Device: max2 pro
Not really.. although I have a max2 pro and you can get a similar sort of effect - I installed a 'float apps' app from google play. It has a preloaded document setting so you could 'float' the doc over an open onyx note or open 2 docs and 'float them side by side.

Pretty far from ideal but at least you can turn a page in the doc without turning the page in your note and vice versa. Also still can not annotate the 'floated' doc.
bango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 04:05 AM   #4
maxcol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bango View Post
Not really.. although I have a max2 pro and you can get a similar sort of effect - I installed a 'float apps' app from google play. It has a preloaded document setting so you could 'float' the doc over an open onyx note or open 2 docs and 'float them side by side.

Pretty far from ideal but at least you can turn a page in the doc without turning the page in your note and vice versa. Also still can not annotate the 'floated' doc.
Thanks, sound promising!
I'll try that.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:59 AM   #5
Faeryink
Zealot
Faeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
I wish there was a split screen option too, I sent a request to Onyx few months back. I wonder if more people send a suggestion to Onyx to get split screen as an update .. perhaps they will consider it.
I use monitor mode or use something like spacedesk/splashtop (connects via wifi) and use my windows laptops or macbook. Only helpful if you have access to the laptop/pc/macbook etc.
Hope something works out.
Faeryink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2019, 10:32 AM   #6
bango
bango began at the beginning.

Device: max2 pro
That's a good point maybe if more and more people keep requesting the same thing...

The only thing higher on my list is stylus compatibility with 3rd party apps like onenote.

But split screen seems like a simple improvement especially when sony has that exact function. Hopefully next update
bango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 04:25 PM   #7
maxcol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeryink View Post
... I sent a request to Onyx few months back. I wonder if more people send a suggestion to Onyx to get split screen as an update .. perhaps they will consider it.
Yes, I too sent a request to Onyx. It seems such a basic and useful feature...