Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-11-2018, 10:52 PM   #1
amhw
amhw began at the beginning.

Device: none
Onyx Note firmware 1.9.1 with OneNote?

I'm considering buying a new note-taking tablet to replace my faulty and loud Surface Pro 3. Does anyone know if Onyx Note firmware 1.9.1 improved OneNote compatibility? The note taking videos I've seen with older firmware are too slow to be practical.
amhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:22 AM   #2
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
no it doesn't.

The stylus lags about one second on any third party app making it unusable outside onyx own ecosystem
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2018, 02:00 AM   #3
crAss
Connoisseur
crAss began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I am still sceptical as well. Only solution I found reading the forum to be usable is to use the device's own app Knote which is optimised and then export png to OneNote which people say works well and when on the PC you can use ocr and all other features OneNote 2016 has.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
crAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 08:27 AM   #4
MaxT
MaxT began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Max
I have note been able to send a png to OneNote from my Boox Note or with mail.
MaxT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 02:26 PM   #5
keithwwalker
keithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmos

Device: Boox Note 10.3
I have started using Evernote with my Boox 10.3 on the 1.9.1 update. I use Access Graffiti text input (the old Palm OS system). The latency hasn't improved.

But guess what, if I don't look down at my text input screen and keep on entering the text, the CPU of the Boox recognizes the text, it is just that the screen has that one second delay.

So for me, its like a Jedi mind trick. If you don't look at the text input, it gets entered regardless of screen latency.
keithwwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2018, 01:30 AM   #6
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
It's the same with handwriting. Just keep writing, the screen will follow. I will need to try this, now that palm rejection has been solved. I just don't have the time to move notes manually from another app into OneNote.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote