Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-13-2019, 07:50 AM   #16
oumlaut
Omnia sunt communia
oumlaut has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Voyage, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
I've done quick test on my PW3 (so, not the same device I know) with firmware 5.9.7 (originally jailbroken while on fw 5.6.5, RP + CRP installed at the same time ; newer versions RP & CRP bin installers downloaded and installed sometimes in last 2 months).
Thank you. My jailbreaked device was running on firmware 5.10.3 that has a newer diags menu, which doesn't bear any importance at the moment.
oumlaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 08:02 AM   #17
oumlaut
Omnia sunt communia
oumlaut has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Voyage, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
So use the serial port.
I didn't have the slightest idea how to until today. @noismaster's "Kindle Voyage 5.6.2.1 Serial Jailbreak Step-by-Step" seems to be good guide: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3137590

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Follow the directions for using pins (no hot solder solution) since you will only need the serial port long enough to type a couple of commands.
As in detailed in @DennisH's guide? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3205506

I don't have the necessary tools to give it a try. I believe we suppose that I can get access to the command line on the device if I can manage to connect on the serial port.
oumlaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:54 PM   #18
radualexandru
radualexandru began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DXG
Hello,

I think my problem is related to what is happening in this thread.
I have a kindle DX, with the firmware 2.5.8. I have tried to eable DIAGS mode and I am stuck with a message on the screen so I cannot use my kindle anymore. (see photo with the link)
It says press X to exit, but it just restarts and comes back to the same.

Some help, please...
(Maybe the solution is already in the thread, but I am a newbie in this, so I didn't hurry to suppose.)

Thank you!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7s...vRDlLaFdR/view

Last edited by radualexandru; Today at 01:02 PM.
radualexandru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:05 PM   #19
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
No, completely unrelated. A DX is not a Voyage.

I don't even recall how diags is supposed to behave on a DX. Are you sure this thing was never mangled with a FW 3.x FW?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote