Enthusiast
bit101 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Nova Pro
Is 2.1.1 also chinese only?
bit101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:23 PM   #17
Question Mark
Guru
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura, KA1, Onyx Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by bit101 View Post
Is 2.1.1 also chinese only?
They usually seem to release the updates in China first before rolling them out internationally. I assume this most recent update is to fix some of the bugs which people were reporting with 2.1. Last I heard, the international version of the new firmware will be released sometime in May.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:00 PM   #18
bit101
Enthusiast
bit101 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
They usually seem to release the updates in China first before rolling them out internationally. I assume this most recent update is to fix some of the bugs which people were reporting with 2.1. Last I heard, the international version of the new firmware will be released sometime in May.
cool, thanks. that's what I'd heard too. I installed 2.1 when it came out. Seen some minor glitches, but nothing that's a deal breaker.
bit101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:14 PM   #19
trence
Enthusiast
trence began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
Were you able to get that update to install?
trence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:33 PM   #20
Question Mark
Guru
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trence View Post
Were you able to get that update to install?
Yup. Took a while for it to install though. Initially, I thought that it had frozen... had to actually walk away and do something else to stop myself from pushing the power button which I was sorely tempted to do.. but it eventually did its thing.

After it installed, switched back to English and everything seems to be working fine. Not sure what it fixed because I hadn't been experiencing any bugs beforehand, but then again, I hadn't been using Neoreader all that much.

One thing I have noticed, though, is that the bookmark icon is no longer at the top of every page in Neoreader. It only shows up when you bookmark a page. It then disappears if you un-bookmark the page. I mention that because I seem to remember someone asking about how to get rid of that unnecessarily ever-present icon.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:27 PM   #21
trence
Enthusiast

Quote:
Yup. Took a while for it to install though. Initially, I thought that it had frozen... had to actually walk away and do something else to stop myself from pushing the power button which I was sorely tempted to do.. but it eventually did its thing.

After it installed, switched back to English and everything seems to be working fine. Not sure what it fixed because I hadn't been experiencing any bugs beforehand, but then again, I hadn't been using Neoreader all that much.

One thing I have noticed, though, is that the bookmark icon is no longer at the top of every page in Neoreader. It only shows up when you bookmark a page. It then disappears if you un-bookmark the page. I mention that because I seem to remember someone asking about how to get rid of that unnecessarily ever-present icon.
Interesting, mine failed during the flash process. Tried factory resetting first, and re-attempted, still fails.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:57 AM   #22
Question Mark
Guru

Quote:
Interesting, mine failed during the flash process. Tried factory resetting first, and re-attempted, still fails.
Hmmm, interesting. Strange how seemingly identical devices can behave differently... I was unable to get ADB working on my Note even though other people were able to get it working on theirs and even though I was able to get it working on my Max1...
Old 04-14-2019, 06:55 AM   #23
pinko
pinko doesn't litterpinko doesn't litterpinko doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox C67
Hi guys,
there is a new firmware 2.1.1 for Boox Note and Nova
https://notebookitalia.it/firmware-2...nteprima-28220
pinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 12:13 PM   #24
trence
Enthusiast

Quote:
Hmmm, interesting. Strange how seemingly identical devices can behave differently... I was unable to get ADB working on my Note even though other people were able to get it working on theirs and even though I was able to get it working on my Max1...
Very odd. I guess I will have to wait until the update hits officially and see if it's been addressed. Keeps giving me an error saying there was an issue with system/bin/install-recovery.sh.
Old Today, 06:31 AM   #25
Bob Willis
Bob Willis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, IPAD Pro, Boox Note
Quote:
Very odd. I guess I will have to wait until the update hits officially and see if it's been addressed. Keeps giving me an error saying there was an issue with system/bin/install-recovery.sh.
Official firmware 2.1.1 is available for Boox Note Pro and Nova Pro now.
Bob Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:19 AM   #26
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Michal Jancik understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle Oasis, KOBO H2O 2Gen, Inkpad 3
Exclamation

I contact the ONYX service and unfortunately it is impossible to return to 2.0.1.

- Atention to the French , Espagnol, Deutch, Swis, Czech user etc.
- 2.1.1 function without "random UI-CRASH" only with the language set English or Chinese.

* Onyx was supposed to point it out before giving it. First, it is not possible to return to 2.0.1 and it works without "crash system-UI" only in the set language of English and Chinese.

- Neo reader V3.0 (in my case - Onyx Nova Pro ) ePUB : don't recognize and use : "Initial", "font-styles" , "font-family ", "css line height not working" and sometimes TOC, loses reactivity. Before 0.5s to turn a page, now 2-3s + ghosting

[Neo Reader V2.0]
* All functioned correctly
Spoiler:

[Neo Reader V3.0]
* Sorry for this expresion but Neo V3.0 = "shit with cut function"
Spoiler:

So if you use other languages ​​than English or Chinese, do not upgrade to version 2.1.1
Reset, hrad-reset change nothing. 350$ in the ass. I am extremely disgusted
*Before with 2.0.1 everything works perfectly and in french, now, bull**hit ! "
Only in my opinion " : Onyx with 2.1.1 he wants to strategically entice users for new features, but don't wait for support to return to 2.0.1..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Onyx 2.1.1 update crash system .png
Views:	11
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	170765   Click image for larger version

Name:	Onyx Nova Pro crash after 2.1.1 updating.png
Views:	8
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	170766   Click image for larger version

Name:	NeoReader V2.0 before Updating to 2.1.1.png
Views:	20
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	170767   Click image for larger version

Name:	NeoReader V3.0 After Updating to 2.1.1.png
Views:	20
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	170768  

Last edited by Michal Jancik; Today at 10:23 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote