Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-16-2019, 07:20 PM   #616
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by VovoKrall View Post
Oh boy, it seems that I'm the one separating syllables incorrectly. Can someone confirm me this? xD
The three cases shown in your image are all hyphenated properly.

in·clud·ing
ma·nip·u·late
en·a·ble

Last edited by jhowell; 04-16-2019 at 07:25 PM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:01 AM   #617
VovoKrall
VovoKrall began at the beginning.

Device: Moon Reader (Moto G)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Hyphenation is performed by the reading device using a hyphenation dictionary for each supported language. I have also seen that English words are occasionally split at incorrect locations. It is up to Amazon to fix that.

The best you can do is to make sure that you have the correct language specified in both the OPF metadata and the HTML content of your book.

Choosing left alignment does not prevent hyphenation. It will still be used to prevent unusually short lines of text.

If you are familiar with how the edit the source files you are converting, you can turn off hyphenation completely in all or part of the text using CSS. The property to set for this is:

-webkit-hyphens: none
Reading in english with hyphenation is pretty difficult to me and I still want to use kfx for better kerning etc, so I wish to do that - turn off hyphenation. How can I do that? (I searched over Google but I didn't find anything that could help me)

PS: thank you for all your help so far.
VovoKrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:51 AM   #618
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by VovoKrall View Post
Reading in english with hyphenation is pretty difficult to me and I still want to use kfx for better kerning etc, so I wish to do that - turn off hyphenation. How can I do that?
You can convert a book to KFX with hyphenation disabled by changing the conversion settings. In the "Look and feel" section choose the "Styling" tab and paste the following into the "Extra CSS" box:

body {-webkit-hyphens: none;}
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM   #619
VovoKrall
VovoKrall began at the beginning.

Device: Moon Reader (Moto G)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
You can convert a book to KFX with hyphenation disabled by changing the conversion settings. In the "Look and feel" section choose the "Styling" tab and paste the following into the "Extra CSS" box:

body {-webkit-hyphens: none;}
It worked! Thank you so much!
VovoKrall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfx, linux, wine