Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-08-2019, 08:13 AM   #31
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura Edition 2, Moto G5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
You wrote that you are ready to make a patch for replacing the Kobo store with a browser or beta functions.
Oops. I'll add it to the request thread so I don't miss it again. Sorry.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:21 AM   #32
the.Mtn.Man
Fanatic
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
This may not be the place to ask, but is there an easy way to replace the system font and size for things like menus and pop-up windows? I know there's the trick of replacing, for example, the Chinese font and then changing the system language, but that has certain undesirable side effects as I recall.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:47 AM   #33
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
This may not be the place to ask, but is there an easy way to replace the system font and size for things like menus and pop-up windows? I know there's the trick of replacing, for example, the Chinese font and then changing the system language, but that has certain undesirable side effects as I recall.
Recent firmware has "Large Print Mode" in the Beta Features. That increases the size of everything in the UI.

You can also change the size by editing the config file. Adding an entry for "LargePrintFontScale" in the "ApplicationPreferences" section of the config file to do this. The value is a number. I find that 1.2 on my Clara HD is a nice increase in size without reducing the number of books on the screen. If you do this, you might need to restart the device to have it take effect.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:02 AM   #34
Semwize

Semwize has become one with the cosmosSemwize has become one with the cosmosSemwize has become one with the cosmosSemwize has become one with the cosmosSemwize has become one with the cosmosSemwize has become one with the cosmosSemwize has become one with the cosmosSemwize has become one with the cosmosSemwize has become one with the cosmosSemwize has become one with the cosmosSemwize has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I find that 1.2 on my Clara HD
I chose 1.15 (at 1.2 it seems too large)

But it is individual, of course.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 12:20 PM   #35
the.Mtn.Man
Fanatic
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Recent firmware has "Large Print Mode" in the Beta Features. That increases the size of everything in the UI.

You can also change the size by editing the config file. Adding an entry for "LargePrintFontScale" in the "ApplicationPreferences" section of the config file to do this. The value is a number. I find that 1.2 on my Clara HD is a nice increase in size without reducing the number of books on the screen. If you do this, you might need to restart the device to have it take effect.
I'm aware of large print mode, which might be more accurately described as "absurdly large print mode". Ha ha!

But it seems there's no similarly straightforward way to change the system font. I'd love to use something like Noto Sans or IBM Plex.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 05:10 AM   #36
Trakost
Trakost began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi, thanks for your work!

I've found a problem/bug: when I tick the "Invert screen" option, in order to get the "night mode" feature, it works just for one/two pages and then the inversion of black and white disappers!
Is there any way to fix this? Thanks!
Trakost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:33 AM   #37
MGlitch
Guru
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakost View Post
Hi, thanks for your work!

I've found a problem/bug: when I tick the "Invert screen" option, in order to get the "night mode" feature, it works just for one/two pages and then the inversion of black and white disappers!
Is there any way to fix this? Thanks!
Odd I don’t have this on my Forma.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 09:36 AM   #38
MGlitch
Guru
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kobo Aura One
I just wanna say thanks for all the work with these patches I’ve finally been able to get the margins to the itsy bitsy size I like them. I might tinker with giving my top margin a bit more space to use the miniclock app but I’m going to see how much I miss it vs how much I like the extra line of text first
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:25 AM   #39
Trakost
Trakost began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Odd I don’t have this on my Forma.

I don't know, I have a Kobo Glo. At first I thought it was because of an old night-mode patch that even didn't work, so I unistalled it and re-installed the patch, but the problem persists. It's such a shame, I'd love to have that night mode!
Trakost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM   #40
Semwize

Semwize has become one with the cosmosSemwize has become one with the cosmosSemwize has become one with the cosmosSemwize has become one with the cosmosSemwize has become one with the cosmosSemwize has become one with the cosmosSemwize has become one with the cosmosSemwize has become one with the cosmosSemwize has become one with the cosmosSemwize has become one with the cosmosSemwize has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakost View Post
I don't know, I have a Kobo Glo. At first I thought it was because of an old night-mode patch that even didn't work, so I unistalled it and re-installed the patch, but the problem persists. It's such a shame, I'd love to have that night mode!
Specifically included a night mode, flipped through the 20 pages - everything works fine. Kobo Clara, but it doesn't matter, Glo should be fine, too.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM   #41
Nemo1984
Connoisseur
Nemo1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
There is a way to enable "invert" in developer mode, without patch. Works great for me on Kobo Glo HD.
Nemo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching