Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
K3 here!

My K3 just arrived!

ETA:

Several hours later - Great screen, can't wait for the font hack to make reading even better. The K3 is faster, especially on WiFi. Email from Calibre works great (I ended up using my gmail account) and on wifi is free. I would not give up Whispernet, it's the main reason I stay with the Kindle.

K3 is lighter, smaller, buttons are easy to use once you get used to the new placement of the Menu, Back and Home keys.

The negatives: This is the first Kindle that feels like cheap plastic in my hands. No metal back for extra rigidity and more weight. With my arthritis I find that the new d-pad is a little more difficult to use. It takes a lighter touch.

For those of you who ordered the lighted cover. It works as advertised but I find it very, very hard to pull out the light (blame it on the arthritis).

The verdict: I'll be keeping this Kindle in it's protective case but it's a keeper. The screen and snappier response time is enough for me.

Last edited by TallMomof2; 08-26-2010 at 02:15 PM.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max

Congrats!!!!
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Enjoy
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:46 AM   #4
Bateman
I simply am not there.
Bateman once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bateman once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bateman once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bateman once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bateman once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bateman once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bateman once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bateman once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bateman once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bateman once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Bateman once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: BCO v.2 black
My pizza just arrived!
Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
ksimm
ksimm has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505s & Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
My pizza just arrived!
What!!! I ordered my Pizza on the 29th of July and you get yours before me... unbelievable!
ksimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 11:49 AM   #6
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
You must have been one of the first to order, and with Next Day shipping, eh?
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:06 PM   #7
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksimm View Post
What!!! I ordered my Pizza on the 29th of July and you get yours before me... unbelievable!
Nice .
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #8
branchedout
branchedout began at the beginning.

Device: Soon-to-be K3
You know you can't just say that you got one without a first impression and review!

Otherwise, that's just mean.
branchedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #9
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
My K3 just arrived!
Congratulations!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #10
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchedout View Post
You know you can't just say that you got one without a first impression and review!

Otherwise, that's just mean.
Funny, after they post their kindle has arrived, we hear nothing else. Wonder what they could be doing. Hope they didn't get kidnapped or something.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:32 PM   #11
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
I took some photos of mine, which just arrived, and will put them on flickr. Just quick and dirty "I'm at work" shots, but enough to whet appetites...
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:34 PM   #12
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi Tall, that's cool--congratulations!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:45 PM   #13
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
My K3 just arrived!
Congrats!!!!

* sulks off, grumbling *
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:56 PM   #14
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
BROWN TRUCK! BROWN TRUCK!!!!

BR BR br brown.................

bye
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:13 PM   #15
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
BROWN TRUCK! BROWN TRUCK!!!!

BR BR br brown.................

bye
YAY!!! Enjoy