Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-26-2010, 12:49 AM   #1
tonyx3
Connoisseur
tonyx3 began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus One
XPath Expression wizard??

So I'm new to Calibre. Using it with my Nexus One. Love it so far!

I'm trying to get it to remove the headers in a PDF when I convert it to EPUB, but I don't know how to write xpath expressions.

It has a 'wizard' button, but when I click it, all it does is give me a window that has the default expression, and then the code of the pdf below that.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to use that to write an expression, but it doesn't look much like a wizard.

When it said 'wizard' I was expecting something like a 'Highlight the header and click here' thing, that would try to parse the header and write the expression for me, and maybe provide a test window, like it does with the metadata thing.

Am I doing something wrong, or is that all it does??

Thanks!

Tony
tonyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:49 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I think all that is really provided is a testbed to check out a regex expression.

I suspect that you were looking for something like http://www.regexmagic.com/ or http://www.regexbuddy.com/ (which unfortunately are not free).

Last edited by itimpi; 01-26-2010 at 04:53 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert