Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
aeoro
aeoro began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Thinking about returning 600 (Help?)

Will Sony allow you to return an opened reader (600) if it's within 30 days of ordering? I ordered it through Amazon from another store, though. Will Sony still accept a return, or would I have had to order from their website.

Thanks!

Everything worked out fine. The place I ordered from allowed me to return the item with no restocking fee. I think I'm going to order a 300.

Last edited by aeoro; 09-15-2009 at 11:53 PM.
aeoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
ifonline
Connoisseur
ifonline began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad
I would expect you will need to return it to the original place of purchase, or possibly Amazon since you used their services to buy from a vendor. I doubt Sony will want to have anything to do with taking a return for an item they didn't sell directly to you.

Besides, I purchased my 600 at a Sony Retail Store and ended up swapping it for a 300. I still got dinged a 15% restocking fee! Ouch. So, something to bear in mind when dealing with Sony.
ifonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 08:02 PM   #3
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
I would expect you will need to return it to the original place of purchase, or possibly Amazon since you used their services to buy from a vendor. I doubt Sony will want to have anything to do with taking a return for an item they didn't sell directly to you.

Besides, I purchased my 600 at a Sony Retail Store and ended up swapping it for a 300. I still got dinged a 15% restocking fee! Ouch. So, something to bear in mind when dealing with Sony.

I returned it and avoided the 15% restocking fee by telling the Sony store that I had a medical condition that prevented me from using the reader becasue of the glare (cataracts maybe) and that otherwise it was a great device and I was heartbroken i could not use it but these dang cataracts

I know... they are stenciling my name on a parking space in hell right now but I prefer warmer weather anyways - oh and my 15%
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
ifonline
Connoisseur
ifonline began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad
It's okay... I expect I have a parking space close to you.
ifonline is offline   Reply With Quote