Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-12-2009, 04:18 PM   #1
Evin
Evin began at the beginning.

Device: Red Sony 505
Question Why do I get this weird error?

Oddly, Calibre gives me this error the second day after I download it. First day it is fine. Second day gives me this error and won't do anything. Third day I reloaded (an update) and it worked fine. Fourth day, I get the error again.

Here it is:
attempt to write a readonly database RemoteTraceback (most recent call last): File "calibre\library\sqlite.pyo", line 119, in run OperationalError: attempt to write a readonly database
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\add.pyo", line 62, in metadata_delivered
File "calibre\library\database2.pyo", line 1193, in add_books
File "calibre\library\sqlite.pyo", line 146, in run
DatabaseException: attempt to write a readonly database
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\library\sqlite.pyo", line 119, in run
OperationalError: attempt to write a readonly database

What does it mean? How do I get it to stop? Is it something I'm doing?
Evin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:28 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
It means whatever user you are running under does not have write permission to the Calibre metadata.db file. You should carefully check your permissions to that file.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2009, 04:54 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Your calibre library folder is owned by the administrator on your computer. Either change its ownership to your normal user acoount or run calibre as administrator
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #4
Evin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Your calibre library folder is owned by the administrator on your computer. Either change its ownership to your normal user acoount or run calibre as administrator
But I AM the administrator. However, I apparently am not a very clever one, as I don't really know what you mean.

This is my home computer running Vista.

How do I change the ownership of the library folder?

Last edited by Evin; 04-12-2009 at 06:36 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evin View Post
But I AM the administrator. However, I apparently am not a very clever one, as I don't really know what you mean.
You are but your not. That is the magic [sic] of User Account Control (UAC). Where did you put your calibre library? You should be putting it in your users home folder to which you should have full permission. If you put it in the root of c:\ or in program files you will have a problem.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2009, 12:41 AM   #6
Evin

That seems to have done it. Thank you kindly for the advice.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #7
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
i'm getting the same message but i have my library in my external harddrive since i don't want to risk losing it for xyz reason, so can I ignore it or do I have to put it in my documents anyway?

this is what it says:
disk I/O error RemoteTraceback (most recent call last): File "calibre\library\sqlite.pyo", line 119, in run File "calibre\library\sqlite.pyo", line 79, in get OperationalError: disk I/O error
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\tags.pyo", line 44, in recount
File "calibre\gui2\tags.pyo", line 73, in refresh
File "calibre\library\database2.pyo", line 812, in get_categories
File "calibre\library\database2.pyo", line 792, in get
File "calibre\library\sqlite.pyo", line 146, in run
DatabaseException: disk I/O error
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\library\sqlite.pyo", line 119, in run
File "calibre\library\sqlite.pyo", line 79, in get
OperationalError: disk I/O error

Last edited by Alphapheemail; 04-17-2009 at 04:56 PM. Reason: posting error in case it is different from above (noob)
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote