Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
stop__dreaming
Addict
stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Perigee by Patrick Chiles

A fantastic recommendation that I stumbled across looking for sci-fi novels on Amazon. A riveting and superb read makes this one of the best books I've read this year.

Perigee by Patrick Chiles cost just £1.98 ($3) on Amazon and I thoroughally enjoyed it.

http://www.amazon.com/Perigee-Patric...ywords=perigee

"Here's what readers are saying: "A real barn-burner" "...best darned 'sci-fi' book I've read in years." "...it was a plain great story and great read. I didn't put it down until I finished it." Stranded in orbit, with no way home before the air runs out… At hypersonic speed, Polaris AeroSpace has become the premium choice for rapid travel around the world. When a veteran crew’s flight is marooned after a series of baffling malfunctions, they must try to stay alive knowing that help may never arrive. While they struggle with dwindling life support and increasingly desperate passengers, their colleagues scramble to mount an audacious rescue. Racing against time, they will face shocking betrayals in a fight to save their friends. As they unravel a web of industrial espionage, the truth will reveal itself to be worse than imagined. And one man will discover that escape may demand a terrible sacrifice. PERIGEE opens the next chapter in air and space travel, where ordinary people must sometimes accomplish extraordinary things."

A cross between Apollo 13 and A Fall of Moondust (Arthur C. Clarke).
stop__dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote