Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-14-2012, 11:55 PM   #46
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Check this out:

http://www.solcomputer.com/sunlight-...le-tablet.html

Then look at the price.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #47
Jyster
Enthusiast
Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jyster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
To be honest, I don't know. So unless you know, don't go saying Apple lied. That's slander.
I believe it would be libel (written), not slander (spoken).
Jyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #48
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
Check this out:

Then look at the price.
I'll take two.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #49
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
If someone's interested in more Pixel Qi's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=B3hQgz4avLQ
http://www.smartpaddle.com/index.html
http://www.sh-shizhu.com/
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #50
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
Check this out:

Then look at the price.
I read... then scrolled down and looked the price ... lol ...

But, isn't that the same technology that the Notion Ink Adam uses? Based on what I read plus YouTube videos, that was a disaster and huge disappointing.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #51
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Adam had some hardware troubles, yes. And in indoor use, with backlight off, Pixel Qi are disappointing. In outdoors they seem quite nice.
For now seems like Mirasol is better in indoors.
I didn't ever try by myself both kinds
Old 03-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #52
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
You can expect 10 hours in between charges. No other table (sic) PC on the market can make such a claim.
Useful for certain needs, I'm sure, but the above is why I'm sticking with e-ink until battery tech improves substantially.
no.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #53
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no.guru View Post
Useful for certain needs, I'm sure, but the above is why I'm sticking with e-ink until battery tech improves substantially.
I don't even stare at my eink for that long. So 10 hrs of pottery life is pretty good for me.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #54
andym
Groupie
andym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-booksandym has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Just a reminder as discussions proceed and opinons are stated: NO personal attacks are allowed at MobileRead.
But why do the moderators allow these sorts of posts in the first place? The only possible motive for them is to provoke a reaction - they are blatant trolling. Owners of Sony Readers don't post provocative posts on the sub-forum for Kindle owners (and vice-versa).
andym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #55
lorenzoens
ex se ens

So HERE's the first video I see with both ipad 2 and 3 under sunlight (A weak late winter's sun in Germany). Skip to 3:30

It may be the cam, but seems like ipad 2 performs better than the newer one in sunlight! I mean, at least in in this vid. Let's wait for some more vids.

At present seems like it's confirmed: the spot is purely misleading.

Last edited by lorenzoens; 03-16-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #56
monkeyluis
Banned

I live in Fl. Would never be out in direct sunlight with or without an ipad. LOL. But if I were outdoors and reading, I would use my Kindle Touch.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:19 PM   #57
lorenzoens
ex se ens

Ouch, is the sun so terrible there?
Old 03-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #58
monkeyluis
Banned

Yes. It hates us. We didn't even have a winter. I never wore a jacket. Wore shorts most of the time.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #59
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
I guess this is me only ... but I do not go to the beach with an iPad. I prefer my Kindle for that.

And one time I visited Corpus Christi in summer and.. oh boy! ... the Kindle gets hot as hell, hahahaha ... and I actually had to wear sunglasses, the sun was so bright that even with a Kindle was difficult to see or read.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #60
Belle2Be
Peace, Love, and Books
Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belle2Be ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3(3g), NookColor
I might go buy one today, maybe I'll see if they let me take it outside first
Belle2Be is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple, fake, ipad, outdoor