Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #1
caihuire
caihuire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Question Screensaver ads do not change?

Hi. It's my first post here so please forgive me if there's any mistake in my posting...

I have a Special Offers kindle and I love the ads that are shown on the screensaver and below the booklist. I started to receive Amazon Local ads today and realized that the other ads are no longer showing up both on the booklist and as screensavers (that is, I always see the same screensaver however many times I switch my kindle on and off). I've checked they are still in the "view special offers" section (and there are even new ads downloaded). May I know if it's a bug in the system or it's designed to work this way? I'm using a Kindle Keyboard (special offers) with 3.3 firmware.

Much thanks in advance
caihuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by caihuire View Post
Hi. It's my first post here so please forgive me if there's any mistake in my posting...

I have a Special Offers kindle and I love the ads that are shown on the screensaver and below the booklist. I started to receive Amazon Local ads today and realized that the other ads are no longer showing up both on the booklist and as screensavers (that is, I always see the same screensaver however many times I switch my kindle on and off). I've checked they are still in the "view special offers" section (and there are even new ads downloaded). May I know if it's a bug in the system or it's designed to work this way? I'm using a Kindle Keyboard (special offers) with 3.3 firmware.

Much thanks in advance
Someone else was having the same problem in another thread. I think they had to call Kindle support.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #3
caihuire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Someone else was having the same problem in another thread. I think they had to call Kindle support.
thanks for the info. I tried contacting the support but they weren't much helpful if at all... Except quoting the info already available on the help site... Maybe I hop over to the outer thread and see if they have any solution.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
thanks for the info. I tried contacting the support but they weren't much helpful if at all... Except quoting the info already available on the help site... Maybe I hop over to the outer thread and see if they have any solution.
Did you call them? I find email support to be meh. Calling them is the best way to go.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:19 PM   #5
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Did you call them? I find email support to be meh. Calling them is the best way to go.
Email support is hit or miss. I usually just have them call me. Saves me the trouble of having to sit on hold.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #6
caihuire

I used the online chat with the Amazon CSO. I thought it to offer a similar experience to calling but I was apparently wrong...

Maybe I'll try calling them tomorrow...
Old 10-19-2011, 09:47 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
Email support is hit or miss. I usually just have them call me. Saves me the trouble of having to sit on hold.
Same here although he still put me on hold. I think this was due to a K4 being a new item and he wasn't sure what to do at first.

Quote:
I used the online chat with the Amazon CSO. I thought it to offer a similar experience to calling but I was apparently wrong...

Maybe I'll try calling them tomorrow...
Do try calling them. I find them more helpful than email or chat.