Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-29-2008, 03:35 PM   #46
Mike Kostousov
Connoisseur
Mike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-books

Device: Zaurus C1000/iLiad/SE K750i
In light of news from Nokia, qt port for iLiad seems to be very exciting.. May be, you can write here what help do you need?
Mike Kostousov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:32 PM   #47
Aenea
Zealot
Aenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kostousov View Post
Any news about qt porting?
Yeah, there is...

I ported, am still porting, Qtopia Core. For a lack of a better name I named it Etopia...

A long, long time ago I thought it would be a straight forward port, but since the iLiad (and the other e-ink devices) don't have much memory I had to remove code, optimize code, change some completely and add some here and there.

For the most part this is working now, finally. Right now I'm working on the viewer application and with it the viewer plugin interface and the application interface (consisting of a host of classes starting with an E, like EApplication which extends QApplication...).

After that I'm going to make the 'portable librarian' (errr, the replacement content-lister...).

When that is finished I will release a beta version.

Please note, the whole system will also consist of a desktop librarian which uses Qt4 and will run on OS X, Windows and X Windows based systems like Linux. This is really not finished at all, yeah, a prototype thingy...

Also: since this still is a hobby and don't program regularly I really don't know how long it will take before it is finished...

Aenea
Aenea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2008, 11:42 PM   #48
Aenea
Zealot
Aenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kostousov View Post
In light of news from Nokia, qt port for iLiad seems to be very exciting.. May be, you can write here what help do you need?
At the moment I still want to do it alone (me==perfectionist!).

When everything is usable for programmers, eg. it has a nice set of working API's I will let it loose. It will be easy to program for it since Qt apps/games can be ported, but also I already have done some nice things with the Javascript support in Qt/Qtopia!!!!!

At a later stage someone might be able to port QtJambi to the iLiad so the Etopia/Qt API's can be used in Java... (Java VM is running currently...)

Questions for all:

Is it a real problem that the filesystem needs to be *replaced* by this project?

I might be able to let it boot from CF but it's not going to be that fast (BTW: the current version of Etopia boots in 20 seconds *through* NFS....). And/or I could add a check for a key (combination) in the kernel and decide to boot either version...

Do you think there's a need for some kind of form of security so no malicious software can be installed?

I do have added LIDS 1.2.2 support to the kernel and Qtopia can use that (SXE=Safe Execution Environment)...
Old 01-30-2008, 03:13 AM   #49
Aenea
Zealot

'Content lister' prototype...

http://www.aeneatech.com
Old 01-30-2008, 03:50 AM   #50
kapoira
Connoisseur
kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: i62HD + T68
there is a viewers of images for qtopia?
, with pre-cache of the next image?

If there isn't i will look to port one to the iliad/Etopia

And please, please tell more about this project.
kapoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert