Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-23-2011, 05:31 PM   #1
PickleFish
Edge User

Smile non-Beta Ermine on the way?

Hi Everyone,

After getting my replacement PE (the first one had boot up problems) and asking tech support at enTourage for some help with my update process (I'm running Dingo), I inquired about a "final" version of Ermine. I was informed by tech support that a final version is on its way and will be available soon... so for us PE fans too chicken to go from Dingo to beta-Ermine, it seems a final Ermine version is, in fact, in the works. Yay!

At least this is some good news since finding the depressing home page message on the enTourage site today...

Old 05-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
Filark
Edge User

Awesome, Picklefish! Thanks for this!

Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
sabman
Edge User

super! Can you tell me how long they took to mail the replacement device?

Old 05-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #4
netrobot
Edge User

Filark. I thought you were going to post the download for beta Ermine that mrlanrat posted on MobileRead?

Old 05-23-2011, 08:39 PM   #5
Kewlcat
Edge User

Thanks for sharing PickleFish!

Hope they stick to their word...!!

Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 08:44 PM   #6
Filark
Edge User

netrobot: I did! See the Ermine section.

You ARE Last_of_the_PEs, aren't you!? I have been wondering . . . .

Should I/we post it in the General section, too?? I'm a little worried about censorship if enTourage is still monitoring the forum and doesn't want it known. Maybe that's silly of me . . . .

Last edited by Filark; 05-23-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:51 PM   #7
kennyminot
Edge User

Great news!

I'm hoping especially for some updates on the e-ink side. Right now, it seems like they did not entirely finish with the annotation abilities in landscape mode (and, in addition, when moving around in a pdf file. From what I can tell, it doesn't all you to move around the document while the pencil is enabled). Also, I'd really like to see them fix some of the sdcard issues. If this is the truth, they are pretty awesome for finishing the update, especially given that they have a limited staff and are no longer actually selling the product.

I wouldn't worry about installing Ermine Beta. It's a pretty solid release. I haven't had ANY problems with it. Plus, 2.2 is so much better than 1.6. You have no idea. The addition of the JIT compiler makes thing so much faster . . .

Old 05-23-2011, 11:33 PM   #8
PickleFish
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabman View Post
super! Can you tell me how long they took to mail the replacement device?
Hi Sabman,

Actually, I returned it to Buy.com and simply bought a new one (Buy.com wouldn't exchange it, but would only refund). Both units came from Worldwide Distributers. Buy.com was very good about it. The new one took about a week to arrive.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:42 AM   #9
Gunnerp245
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickleFish View Post
Hi Everyone,

...I inquired about a "final" version of Ermine. I was informed by tech support that a final version is on its way and will be available soon...
As the saying goes, seeing is believing.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:15 AM   #10
gecko
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
As the saying goes, seeing is believing.
A friend says it's "smelling is believing." He claims to shower once a week whether he needs it or not, but I doubt that he actually does. I do hope EnToURaGe solves the problem of the too-deep hibernation.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #11
glen
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko View Post
I do hope EnToURaGe solves the problem of the too-deep hibernation.
This is what I really need from Ermine at this point.