Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 01-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
NeuroNerd
NeuroNerd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Library Management/Renaming Files

Hello,

I came to these forums because I'm having trouble finding an automated way to manage my library. I'm currently using Calibre to convert books from .epub into .mobi format for my Kindle 3.

Most of the books use the naming format:
[Title - Author (First Name + Last Name)]
example [A scanner darkly - Philip K. Dick]

I would like to organize my library in a folder itself. I have a lot of books and I can't fit them all in my Kindle, plus I don't want to have to use library software to browse my books because I find them bulky.

So my desired naming format is:
[Author (Last Name, First Name) - Title]
example [Dick, Philip K. - A Scanner Darkly]

I have looked for file renaming software but I'm not having any luck. I'm sure someone out there has had OCD like me and has resolved this issue. Please help.
NeuroNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Yes, there is a file renaming program. See the wiki under Personal Library management.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #3
NeuroNerd
NeuroNerd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks for the reply DaleDe. I am a Mac user and BookSort is a Windows program. Is there a similar program for Mac users?
NeuroNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:04 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
It is a .net program. I believe you can use .net programs on a Mac with MONO http://mono-project.com/Main_Page
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote