Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-02-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
shrktank
Connoisseur
shrktank has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony 650,Nook Color and iPad
New Nooker and ?s on root

Just picked up the NC today and just finished rooting it. Did some downloads from the marketplace. Well I think the iPad is going up on eBay!

I have a few questions re: the droid side.

* the soft key button appears on the screen no matter which screen. Is this removable or just deal with it.

* somehow the droid menu which laid out left to right is now going up and down. Any way to change that

* all the marketplace apps stay in the marketplace download section. is this normal or is there a way they can be listed in Extras.

* I found that I can cycle through the open apps by hitting the back button icon. How in droidville do I close apps.

* in the marketplace it list about ten apps when I choose categories. How do I get more apps to show up.

* now that I have it running, can I reuse the SD card by removing the software

BTW..the Nook Color is great for reading as well!
shrktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #2
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrktank View Post
Just picked up the NC today and just finished rooting it. Did some downloads from the marketplace. Well I think the iPad is going up on eBay!

I have a few questions re: the droid side.

* the soft key button appears on the screen no matter which screen. Is this removable or just deal with it.
I think there is an X button which closes it, or maybe it's in settings then it's always at the bottom left portion of the screen, I prefer Button Savior from the market

* somehow the droid menu which laid out left to right is now going up and down. Any way to change that
Not sure what this means

* all the marketplace apps stay in the marketplace download section. is this normal or is there a way they can be listed in Extras.
They'll be listed in market after reboot

* I found that I can cycle through the open apps by hitting the back button icon. How in droidville do I close apps.
Not sure what this means

* in the marketplace it list about ten apps when I choose categories. How do I get more apps to show up.
Rotate the nook so it is landscape

* now that I have it running, can I reuse the SD card by removing the software
I did, you'll need to remove the partition, which I did by reformating the card while it was in the nook

BTW..the Nook Color is great for reading as well!
Fun.....Isn't it.....
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #3
PegS
Connoisseur
PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PegS has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NOOKcolor
Joker answered the rest so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrktank View Post
* I found that I can cycle through the open apps by hitting the back button icon. How in droidville do I close apps
Welcome to Android. Many apps don't have a close feature, though some do. However, it's supposedly not a problem with the Android platform (and the subject of many a lengthy and ongoing debate). Here's some "light" reading if you want to learn more about it. You can spend a considerable number of hours reading various threads on task killers and why there's no reason to worry about manually exiting apps.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...evelopers.html
PegS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #4
cybrdmn
cybrdmn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cybrdmn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cybrdmn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.cybrdmn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nookcolor
If you go to the settings in softkeys, uncheck "RUN SERVICE" then the softkey button will not be there, but you can still get softkeys with a double click or however you set it up.

You can use a task manager to bypass the default way android does it, but android will close apps as it needs to, as they get further in the past use.
cybrdmn is offline   Reply With Quote