Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #16
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I have my Windows Explorer to show the file extensions. I cannot add a file without an extension.

I quoted my other post to you because this is only happening when I go to my settings to add a wallpaper and select 'Gallery'. If I just go to view the Gallery App the books don't show up.

Carol
If you are comfortable with the command line, you can create a ".nomedia" file with this command:

Code:
echo.>.nomedia
You can then copy the file to the desired location. Let's start here and take it one step at a time.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #17
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
If you are comfortable with the command line, you can create a ".nomedia" file with this command:

Code:
echo.>.nomedia
You can then copy the file to the desired location. Let's start here and take it one step at a time.
Nope. Still didn't work. The book covers do not show up in the Gallery App. They only show up when I enter the settings and try to select a wallpaper from the Gallery.

Don't know why they would show up there and not in the Gallery App.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #18
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Nope. Still didn't work. The book covers do not show up in the Gallery App. They only show up when I enter the settings and try to select a wallpaper from the Gallery.

Don't know why they would show up there and not in the Gallery App.

Carol
I know the ".nomedia" will tell the gallery to skip those folders with that dummy file, but I don't know if that applies to the File Picker as well, it could be that it simply doesn't apply here.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #19
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
I know the ".nomedia" will tell the gallery to skip those folders with that dummy file, but I don't know if that applies to the File Picker as well, it could be that it simply doesn't apply here.
Thanks for trying. Karma going out to you.

I have a new problem.

I have synced my Chrome browser and I can see all my folders in the 'desktop bookmarks' tab. However when I click on most of the folders they come up empty. Only some show bookmarks in them. This same thing happens in the stock browser. I've tried to sync my Google account again and nothing. Any ideas?
Old 08-31-2013, 12:51 AM   #20
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
Quote:
3. Is anyone using a screen protector on it?
I would only consider one for a phone that shares its home with a key ring and change, or that is slid and thrown around a lot, but I feel that screen protectors really degrade and diminish tablet displays, so mine are naked.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:26 AM   #21
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
I would only consider one for a phone that shares its home with a key ring and change, or that is slid and thrown around a lot, but I feel that screen protectors really degrade and diminish tablet displays, so mine are naked.
Thanks. So far mine are too. I'm like you. I have one for my phone but not my tablets.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #22
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPadPro, Galaxy Note 5, 8 (tab) & Galaxy Tab S3
Quote:
Anyone know anything about the Watch On app
Yes, this caused quite a bit of frustration and confusion and its all Samsung's fault for not explaining it. So basically, make sure your logged in, your credit is also in the app. If you find a movie you want to see hit the watch it button. Now this is what got me confused. What you want is to buy or rent it through the media hub. Sometimes the Media hub isn't an options and it will show Vuduu as a choice. You don't want Vudu as it doesn't charge to the credit. You want the Media Hub to be your selection. So if you see a movie that doesn't list Media Hub, then move on and find another one.

You may have to put your credit card on file as back up funding. I already had mine in there so I don't know if thats is required. Hope that helps.
Synergi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #23
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergi View Post
Yes, this caused quite a bit of frustration and confusion and its all Samsung's fault for not explaining it. So basically, make sure your logged in, your credit is also in the app. If you find a movie you want to see hit the watch it button. Now this is what got me confused. What you want is to buy or rent it through the media hub. Sometimes the Media hub isn't an options and it will show Vuduu as a choice. You don't want Vudu as it doesn't charge to the credit. You want the Media Hub to be your selection. So if you see a movie that doesn't list Media Hub, then move on and find another one.

You may have to put your credit card on file as back up funding. I already had mine in there so I don't know if thats is required. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the heads up. I tried to watch a movie and it wasn't available in the Media Hub only in one of the other pay sources so I didn't click on it.

Karma to you.

Carol
Old 09-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #24
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Carol, how do you like your Note so far? I am still delighted with mine, and will start using it for classes next week when they start again.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #25
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Carol, how do you like your Note so far? I am still delighted with mine, and will start using it for classes next week when they start again.
The more I use it the more I like it. If I had to pick one though I would probably pick my iPad. But, there are features I really like on the Note.

I was debating on getting a new Fire HD and then decided I wanted an Android tablet. I am happy with it and I really like the stylus and handwriting feature. I think you will really like that feature for classes.

I like the Kindle reading app better than my Fire. For some reason my Fire doesn't sync all the time, but the Note's Kindle app syncs fine. I also like the notice on the bottom of how long til you reach the end of the chapter. Comes in handy when reading in bed and deciding if I should start another chapter or not.

There are a few things I have to work out. For some reason my bookmarks are not copying correctly to the stock browser or Chrome. I use Firefox on my desktop and laptop. I have installed Chrome on both and imported my bookmarks. For some reason they are not showing up correctly on the Note.

Also, don't know if this is from the Note or my iPad or something entirely different, but my Firefox bookmarks keep getting changed on my computers. I have to keep restoring them. Luckily I keep backing them up. Will have to take notice when this happens. If it is when it syncs with one of the tablets.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #26
megthered
Connoisseur
megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Note 8.0, Nook HD
I have a Galaxy Note 10.1 and a Note 8.0 and love them both. I have a question about Dropbox though. I have Dropbox on my 10,1 and then I got the 8.0 with Dropbox on it. I wanted just one Dropbox account but it won't let me delete the Note 8.0 account and reload with my original account email. I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone at Dropbox to fix this. It is more than annoying. I want one Dropbox account for both my tablets and pc. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this.
megthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #27
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by megthered View Post
I have a Galaxy Note 10.1 and a Note 8.0 and love them both. I have a question about Dropbox though. I have Dropbox on my 10,1 and then I got the 8.0 with Dropbox on it. I wanted just one Dropbox account but it won't let me delete the Note 8.0 account and reload with my original account email. I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone at Dropbox to fix this. It is more than annoying. I want one Dropbox account for both my tablets and pc. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this.
Can you just log out and then log back in with your original user name and pword
Old 10-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #28
afv011
Captain Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by megthered View Post
If you go to Settings on Dropbox, there is an option "Unlink device from Dropbox", that will log you out.

You could also go to Settings, Apps and clear the data for Dropbox, but the first method is preferred.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #29
megthered
Connoisseur
megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.megthered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Note 8.0, Nook HD
That worked. Thank you. I feel so stupid that I didn't look at that. Now I have one dropbox account for my tablets.
megthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:08 AM   #30
Synergi
Addict
Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synergi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, iPadPro, Galaxy Note 5, 8 (tab) & Galaxy Tab S3
I keep hoping Samsung makes a new one. I still have mine. I don't use it as much but it is still one of my favorite tablets. I moved on to Tab A 10.1 and from there to Tab S3 9.7. I like the size of the 9.7 but I still miss that 8 incher. It was so nice for being portable.
Synergi is offline   Reply With Quote