Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-29-2012, 12:51 AM   #1
pietro
Enthusiast
pietro began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1, kobo auraHD
Problems partitioning SDCard for Link2SD

I downloaded Link2SD to a rooted T1 to force installing apk on SDCard to make room in the main memory.

This requires having SD card with two partitions. Having a Mac, that cannot format to Ext3, I found on forums you can have both partitions as FAT32. I made a 500 MB partition on a 8GB SDCard and the second with the remaining 7.5GB.

Did the same on a mobile phone with the same Android version and worked as desired, with Link2SD automatically recognizing the smaller one once you tell it to look for a FAT32 one.
However, when I do this on the T1, the reader will only see the books when they are put on the smaller partition, while obviously I want to have them on the larger one.
Anyone has a clue? Should I name the two partition in a particular way?
pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:24 AM   #2
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
nope. link2sd always takes the second partition for apps, so you have to make the first partition the large one.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:36 AM   #3
pietro
Enthusiast
pietro began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1, kobo auraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by uboot View Post
nope. link2sd always takes the second partition for apps, so you have to make the first partition the large one.
Thanks, I'll keep this in mind.
However, here I am not talking about link2sd, I haven't even installed it yet.

My problem is that when I partition the sd card the reader will only see the books that I put in the smaller partition, not the larger one (where I want them).

Is there a way I can have the reader software asking me which partition it should use?

Last edited by pietro; 07-30-2012 at 06:42 AM.
pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Ok, I guess the reader will only show the first partition of the SD card

And no: you can't change that. without hacking at least

So, again: make first partition the largest one...
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote