Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
HELP Kindle 4 will not turn off

I am trying to get my K4 ready to be shipped back but I can't get it to turn off. All I get are the non Ads screensavers then if I hold it for 5 seconds it turns back on.

Nevermind it took 10 seconds. This unit has been flaky from the start. I suspect it's the power button. The new one I have the button works great!

Do I need to deregister the Kindle before sending it back? Does anyone know?

Last edited by Blossom; 10-06-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I am trying to get my K4 ready to be shipped back but I can't get it to turn off. All I get are the non Ads screensavers then if I hold it for 5 seconds it turns back on.

Nevermind it took 10 seconds. This unit has been flaky from the start. I suspect it's the power button. The new one I have the button works great!

Do I need to deregister the Kindle before sending it back? Does anyone know?
It is recommended to de-register and I have never returned a Kindle without doing so.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
It is recommended to de-register and I have never returned a Kindle without doing so.
I will do that then!
Old 10-06-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Fortunately Amazon lets us de-register online without the Kindle plugged into the PC/MAC. So even if you forget to de-register before you ship it you can still do so.

Wow, definitely sounds like the 1st K4 you got was defective. Maybe it was manufactured the day the plant worker had a major hangover!
Old 10-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Fortunately Amazon lets us de-register online without the Kindle plugged into the PC/MAC. So even if you forget to de-register before you ship it you can still do so.

Wow, definitely sounds like the 1st K4 you got was defective. Maybe it was manufactured the day the plant worker had a major hangover!
It seems to have deregistered itself when I set it to factory default.

Now I just have to get ink for my printer to print out the mailing label.

It's definitely better then the first one. When I put them side by side the old one has such a gray cast to it specially on the left side. It was like it had a haze to it. The new one does not. It's a very light gray and looks so much better I use the transfer collections this time! It worked like a charm!

Last edited by Blossom; 10-07-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I use the transfer collections this time! It worked like a charm!
I wished I had thought about the transfer collections before I did it manually!