Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
Histerius
Zealot
Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3 - Galaxy Tab 10.1
One line more, one line less

So, my dear friends, I'm working on a book my dear wife wrote. As it goes in life, I thought I was prepared to everything but I wasn't for a small problem that bothers me the whole day. When I take a look at the book in Kindle Previewer or Kindle itself, the number of lines on the the first page is not always the same.

I have a picture and two lines of text at the bottom of the page. On some occasion there are two lines, and sometimes there is one line of text under that picture. If I press Next page/Previous page I have two lines again. Next page/Previous page and there is one line again. Jumping between pages somehow changes the number of lines under the picture.

Yes, I know, it sounds crazy, but Previewer and Kindle both behave same way. Did anybody encounter a similar problem? Thank you.
Histerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:47 PM   #2
naisren
Enthusiast
naisren began at the beginning.

Device: ppc
The problem exits on every platform, palm, ppc, pc, etc. for ages.
The developer of mobi said that it was hard to fix, the reason maybe due to utf encoding, font size, dpi etc.
Assuming that you use a big table in the ebook, which spans several pages in browser, but in mobi format, which just stands one pape at most or part of a page.

Kindle3 seemed to continue to ignore the problem until they are obliged to introduce the page number recently.
naisren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:29 AM   #3
Histerius
Zealot
Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3 - Galaxy Tab 10.1
Thanks naisren. Habit from the printed world where there's no floating lines are implanted too deeply in my brain Well, I'll live this.
Histerius is offline   Reply With Quote