Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-26-2019, 08:30 PM   #541
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Yes. Don't forget to remove that metal cap inside for cleaning.
Occasionally. If you have food splattered as far as the lid. If only steam got up there, you are okay.

Remembering the old fashioned pressure cookers, I made a personal habit of always removing the "sealed / vent" knob atop the lid, and looking through the lid's hole to make sure I can see light through it. Hold the lid up to a ceiling light or a window. If you can see light, it isn't plugged up with food. I don't remove the metal cap, for this test. But I do it EVERY TIME I put the lid on.

You also want to occasionally clean the pin that pops up. Over a counter (so you don't lose the 2 tiny pieces) remove a teeny silicone ring that holds the pin in place (ring is on underside of the lid). The pin will then drop out of the top of the lid. Remember how that worked, for putting it back in. (My smart SO just had trouble putting the pin back in and panicked!)

There are youtube videos for both of the above.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 08:43 PM   #542
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thanks Deb! I'll look for Instant Pot videos.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2020, 03:35 PM   #543
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
For Prime Day I got an Instant Pot Ultra Mini 3 qt for $50. Yesterday I used it for whole potatoes, and then for boiled eggs. I like it!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 06:08 PM   #544
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
For Prime Day I got an Instant Pot Ultra Mini 3 qt for $50. Yesterday I used it for whole potatoes, and then for boiled eggs. I like it!
BTW, not to pimp anything, but we are doing a cookbook, called Toss and Go, from Posthill Press (by Eric Theiss) and the recipes are all for slowcookers or IPs, and it's all--every last bit--put everything in the pot, turn on and eat when done. None of this "take these 5 steps and then these other things, wipe out the pot and do..." stuff.

Should be on the market fairly soon. Looks scrumptious, FWIW.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 02:55 PM   #545
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
BTW, not to pimp anything, but we are doing a cookbook, called Toss and Go, from Posthill Press (by Eric Theiss) and the recipes are all for slowcookers or IPs, and it's all--every last bit--put everything in the pot, turn on and eat when done. None of this "take these 5 steps and then these other things, wipe out the pot and do..." stuff.

Should be on the market fairly soon. Looks scrumptious, FWIW.

Hitch
Only available in hardcover?!? Will there be an electronic version?
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2020, 03:33 PM   #546
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennD View Post
Only available in hardcover?!? Will there be an electronic version?
Indeedy there will be; that's what we're starting on right now. (That's what my company does, for this particular publisher; we make ebooks to go with their print versions.) And yes, Virginia, there will be a reflowable eBook, not fixed-layout, so it should be available on digital shelves everywhere for all types of devices. Including eInks. :-)

Hitch
Old 10-19-2020, 04:29 PM   #547
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Indeedy there will be; that's what we're starting on right now. (That's what my company does, for this particular publisher; we make ebooks to go with their print versions.) And yes, Virginia, there will be a reflowable eBook, not fixed-layout, so it should be available on digital shelves everywhere for all types of devices. Including eInks. :-)

Hitch
I just looked at some of the pics on the Amazon page....sign me up! Steamed mussels...coconut pudding....Mmm.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 04:44 PM   #548
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I am looking for instant pot mini. They seem to be sold out all over. I have a 6 qt and never use it first its just too big for 1 person
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 05:02 PM   #549
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
I just looked at some of the pics on the Amazon page....sign me up! Steamed mussels...coconut pudding....Mmm.
I know, right? If nothing else, it's a page-turning course in food photography, lol.

Hitch
Old 10-19-2020, 08:00 PM   #550
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I am looking for instant pot mini. They seem to be sold out all over. I have a 6 qt and never use it first its just too big for 1 person
Walmart appears to have the Duo Mini in stock for next day delivery.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:28 PM   #551
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
How about just buying a "spare liner" for the 3Qt, without actually buying the 3Qt IP. A spare liner is cheaper. It will fit nicely inside the 6Qt you have, for cooking "pot in pot". You can make all your old, pre-IP recipes, without changing their water ratio. No more watering down your spaghetti sauce.

You put 1 or 1.5 cups water in your 6Qt liner, the trivet, and then the 3Qt liner with any contents you want. It makes a mini steam oven. And the content is then 3Qt sized, so you won't cook more than you want.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 07:00 PM   #552
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Ladies and gents:

I did want to let you know that the Toss & Go book is now completely published--print and digital, both, for those of you that were interested. We reworked a lot of the file into a viable reflowable eBook format, so I hope that helps.

https://www.amazon.com/Toss-Go-Featu...dp/1642937428/

Yes, full disclosure, the publisher is a client of ours, but that's NOT why I'm posting this here; as a devoted IP and Crockpot user, I was really intrigued by the recipes (and techniques) I saw here and wanted to share.

Thanks!
Hitch
Old 12-14-2020, 07:19 PM   #553
ApK

Quote:
Ladies and gents:

I did want to let you know that the Toss & Go book is now completely published--print and digital, both, for those of you that were interested. We reworked a lot of the file into a viable reflowable eBook format, so I hope that helps.

https://www.amazon.com/Toss-Go-Featu...dp/1642937428/

Yes, full disclosure, the publisher is a client of ours, but that's NOT why I'm posting this here; as a devoted IP and Crockpot user, I was really intrigued by the recipes (and techniques) I saw here and wanted to share.

Thanks!
Hitch
Do you have an opinion on which version is better, hardcover or ebook?
Old 12-14-2020, 08:42 PM   #554
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Do you have an opinion on which version is better, hardcover or ebook?
Even though my company does both and we did the eBook version on this, my personal preference is always print, for the kitchen. I take my print cookbooks, whether it's Joy or my Child books, etc. and if I'm worried about staining and the like, I simply copy 'em and use the copy in the kitchen.

BUT, if you typically use eBooks, or phones, in the kitchen, it might suit.

I would point out that if you buy the Kindle version and hate it, you may return it. :-) It's also available on other eBook retailers, too.

Hitch
Old 12-19-2020, 12:01 AM   #555
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Looks interesting but not available yet in Canada. Kobo shows mid January for ir
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote