Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-03-2007, 08:29 AM   #1
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Exclamation New member of "I bricked my iLiad"-Club: me

Hello to all MR,

this is a warning. Please take care of the shell scripts you use.

Well, I bricked my iLiad yesterday with some of this bad scripts.
I installed sucessfully the mb-applet-clock in /home/root/start.sh.
After happy hours with clock in toolbar I run my deinstallation script, which proved a disaster.

Day 1 w/o working iLiad: I miss my little working iLiad. It's hard to live w/o it.

more shell script details here:
http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?t=1242

[EDIT:] I got my iLiad back.
Please install the "Unbrickable iLiad"-Package to save your nerves when your iLiad doesn't boot.

Last edited by yokos; 05-24-2007 at 10:30 AM. Reason: "unbrickable iLiad"
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:57 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Ouch, yokos, you have my sympathy.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2007, 09:41 AM   #3
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Oh no! I hope they get that unbricking utility out soon....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:16 AM   #4
b_k
Übernerd
b_k is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami
Oh no! I hope they get that unbricking utility out soon....
you said 'Jehova'?

@yokos: welcome to the club.
b_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:18 AM   #5
raevyn1
Connoisseur
raevyn1 doesn't litterraevyn1 doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, Sony Reader, Treo 755p, Palm T|X
Sorry, yokos! Your scripts have been so helpful. Hope you get it unbricked soon.
raevyn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2007, 11:16 AM   #6
narve
iLiad fan
narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iRex iLiad
my sympathy you have !!! Hopefully iRex soon reflash utility deploy will... at least i waiting for that is before i any risky scripts run...
narve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:32 AM   #7
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Sorry to hear that Yokos.

Tech support has a reasonable turnaround time, so you should be up and running in at least 2 weeks.

Maybe you'll get lucky and be able to reflash at home...
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:33 AM   #8
templario
Connoisseur
templario began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
I´m sorry for you. Your scripts helped me a lot. I hope everything goes fast and fine.
templario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:39 AM   #9
Mambo
Gadget fan
Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.

Device: RM Tablet PC, iLiad, PRS 505, iPod Touch
Is there anybody here who did not brick his/her iLiad? (Either by update or merry software development?)

Welcome to the club, I have one week advantage over you! Ha Ha
Actually I am very sorry an hope you will get back your iLiad soon!
Mambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:50 PM   #10
pdam
Groupie
pdam doesn't litterpdam doesn't litter

Device: iLiad, iPaq, Psion5&7, Blackberry
... fingers crossed that iRex release both MobiPocket AND unbricking tomorrow for you ....
pdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:29 PM   #11
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Oh yokos! What can I say?

I debated and debated about releasing that damn mb-applet-clock, I knew I shouldn't have done it.

Since iDS has to deliver one more piece of something to finish setting up the mythical iRex re-flash ability I think you're in for the long haul back to iRex.

If it is helpful you can PM me an email address and I'll Paypal you the funds to get your iLiad back on its feet.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:50 AM   #12
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
Oh yokos! What can I say?
I debated and debated about releasing that damn mb-applet-clock, I knew I shouldn't have done it.
I'm old enough to take the responsibility of my own faults.
It was my fault, not yours.

Thanks to all MR for the great trace of sympathy.

My iLiad will get a fix, it's ok; because now I will have more time to watch the semi-final & final of the World Snooker Championship in Sheffield. Greetings to all Snooker fans out there. Damn, it's so hard to play good snooker.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:03 AM   #13
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Forgive my ignorance but can bricking happen to a device that was not tampered with?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:27 AM   #14
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
If you haven't installed the shell hack, then it's "impossible" to brick it. With the shell hack, it possible, but only likely if you are writing your own scripts.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:35 AM   #15
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Thank you!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote