Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-09-2018, 12:27 PM   #61
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfyhr View Post
When I read article using physical paper, I read much slower. But when I Read articles on the web (electronic devices), I read much faster.

My pulse also increased when I read physical papers, but my pulse decreasd when I read on the web.

Anyone know why?
Papyrophobia. Fear of paper?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 12:51 PM   #62
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
My pulse also increased when I read physical papers, but my pulse decreasd when I read on the web.
I'm guessing you meant to say that your pulse stayed the same when you read on the web.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 12:54 PM   #63
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
When I read article using physical paper, I read much slower. But when I Read articles on the web (electronic devices), I read much faster.

Anyone know why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Papyrophobia. Fear of paper?
Maybe you had bad experiences with reading for school and paper books cause you to recall this?
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:08 AM   #64
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
With the advent of ereaders it has become more commonplace to see shorter books (50k or under) which take a shorter time to read so in some ways I guess it may be true that you can read something faster. Also the ereader is a lot lighter weight to hold than a traditional paper book may be, not to mention you don't have to deal with a stiff spine like with paper, but there are some very good books (some in ebook format) that are longer as well. And if you really get into a story hrs can pass while you are turning pages, paper or electronic and before you know it you may have read a fairly long book.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:03 PM   #65
tomfyhr
Enthusiast
tomfyhr began at the beginning.

Device: none
Do physical books hurt your eyes to the same extent that e-books do?

Why or why not?
tomfyhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:43 PM   #66
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Do physical books hurt your eyes to the same extent that e-books do?

Why or why not?
Paper books hurt my eyes more than ebooks. The font size adjustment on them is non-existent and even using my single vision reading glasses does not make reading a pbook comfortable. I won't get into the weight and inability to switch to a new book without hunting it down inthe stacks. I will admit that not that many people have 1500+ hardcovers and ghod alone knows how many paperbacks in their personal library though I have been weeding out the unsigned copies when I purchase an ebook version.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote